• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

GW waitlist

epigastric

Stewart U. Class of '11
10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone on the waitlist and know whether there is some sort of pecking order?

There's high-priority and everyone else. you get to find out which one you're on in about a month or two -- they'll send out a letter. The year before last, there was no movement from the waitlist. I know there was some last year, because my friend managed to make it in.

About the Ads

Da Nealson

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Has anyone heard from gwu lately and if u did when did u interview. I interviewed january 5th and haven't heard anything yet but I expect to hear kind of soon.

cdarnay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
GWU usually tells applicant it will take them 6-8 weeks to reach a decision. Thats pretty average especially during the middle of the applicant season. Therefore, if you interviewed on Jan 5, you still might have a while to wait. I would wait until 6-7 weeks after your interview date before I get too worried.

rusty14

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
I interviewed mid-december and heard back recently...waitlisted.

I agree about the high-priority/all others comment, but I know of someone who got in 2 years ago off the waitlist and was not high-priority so there are exceptions to every rule.

Da Nealson

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
is it weird that some people have heard january 5th and some have not? and did ur interiew not go well, gatorkmm??

just tryin to figure out how they are doing this. also i am the guy from that day who was from vcu with no football team and the dean made fun of our "undefeated status"..haha

rhsu84

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
is it weird that some people have heard january 5th and some have not? and did ur interiew not go well, gatorkmm??

just tryin to figure out how they are doing this. also i am the guy from that day who was from vcu with no football team and the dean made fun of our "undefeated status"..haha

nice. i was sitting next to you on the right, gray suit red/blue tie. asian guy (i actually think i was the only asian there that day???). i'll let you know when i hear from them.

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.