GWU 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlotter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone else was accepted and plans to attend at George Washington next fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted on 1/19!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted on 1/19 and will be attending!!!

Anyone know if GWU filled their class or if there are more interview dates? I haven't heard anything from them so I suspect a rejection may be forthcoming..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

I was invited to an interview on the 10th of Feb, so at least one more date! Good Luck!

I was invited to an interview on the 10th of Feb, so at least one more date! Good Luck!
Cool thanks! I suspect, since I haven't been invited to that, a rejection is on it's way, but TBD lol. Still helps to have an idea of what's out there.

Update, partially just to try not to stress out, but I was invited to interview over the weekend and LOVED it. I hope we hear back soon, but I bet it'll be a few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Update, partially just to try not to stress out, but I was invited to interview over the weekend and LOVED it. I hope we hear back soon, but I bet it'll be a few weeks.

Glad to hear it! I accepted my GW offer and will be attending! Best wishes to you and hopefully we will be classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
I was there on the 10th as well. Loved the school, faculty, and student ambassadors. Now I'm obsessively checking email every 15 minutes. I have seen some people say they heard back in a few days, others say it was a couple weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there on the 10th as well. Loved the school, faculty, and student ambassadors. Now I'm obsessively checking email every 15 minutes. I have seen some people say they heard back in a few days, others say it was a couple weeks.
Ah good to know!! I hope we hear good news!!

Has anyone who went to the 02/10 interview date heard back regarding the status of their application?
Not yet! Last year they heard on Feb 27 it looks like, so hopefully we'll hear soon!!

@purrple49

Good to hear that I'm not alone! I've been checking my email quite frequently and thought we should've heard back sometime in the morning today based on past threads

@purrple49

Good to hear that I'm not alone! I've been checking my email quite frequently and thought we should've heard back sometime in the morning today based on past threads
I am doing the exact same thing! Getting so antsy to hear!

Has anyone heard back today? I haven't and the only time I've been good about not obsessively checking my phone was during my volunteering.. Lol I'm getting the feeling though it'll be later this week

@purrple49

Nothing yet either. However, I was in contact with the admissions coordinator and she said decisions are made through the spring. Hopefully, we hear back some time this week with good news!

Last edited:
Sorry to post on here as I know we're all anxiously waiting to hear back (I know my heart races every time I see a notification from this thread) but has anyone called to find out when the 2/10 interview people might hear back regarding a decision. I recently emailed but never got a response, so maybe someone else has a better idea. They said 2-3 weeks after the interview and it's nearly been 4 so not sure what the new timeline is.

I was there on 2/10 and haven't heard anything. Meanwhile a separate school I interviewed with on the 25th sent me an email today apologizing for delays in decisions hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I was there on 2/10 and haven't heard anything. Meanwhile a separate school I interviewed with on the 25th sent me an email today apologizing for delays in decisions hahaha.

Lol ok great, sorry to be crazy. But yeah would love it if schools would do that in general. I wonder if weather in the NE is a factor and the big combined sections meeting in New Orleans is slowing things a bit.

But glad to know others haven't heard. I'll go back to baking cookies and burying my phone in a drawer lol

Man I am starting to get stressed out about this. Interviewed on 2/10 and still nothing. Anyone else from 2/10 hear back so far?

Man I am starting to get stressed out about this. Interviewed on 2/10 and still nothing. Anyone else from 2/10 hear back so far?
Nothing yet either. Yesterday I got a response back from an email I sent a week ago and she said that decisions will be made through the spring, but no actual date we should know by. Such a stressful process!

I interviewed on 12/4 and am still waiting to hear back as well! I got the same response when I emailed them a few weeks ago about how decisions are still being made and we should hear back in the Spring. Such a long/stressful wait!

Well, it makes me feel better that at least on SDN, no one has heard back from the February interview. Maybe this week..

I interviewed on 11/11 and I just received an email that I am on the waitlist!

Maybe tomorrow we'll hear? Do we know how full the class is yet?

Sorry to be obnoxious about this but I'm so antsy!

Does anyone have any specific information on when the Feb group should hear back besides from what we know already? It's 7 weeks tomorrow and it appears as if no one has heard back yet

Does anyone have any specific information on when the Feb group should hear back besides from what we know already? It's 7 weeks tomorrow and it appears as if no one has heard back yet
All I know is that I went to an interview in February, and that's about it. I have seen "sometime in the spring" from a couple of posts from people who have contacted the admissions office. I have done well in restraining myself from doing that.

Yeah that's all I've gotten too. No good news, but also no bad news yet. I would have think they would not have they would not have interviewed if there weren't spots in the class, so I hope we had an equal chance

I finally heard back from every school I applied to and have decided to stick with GWU and will definitely be attending! Waiting impatiently for that facebook group to be made!!

Has anyone been pulled off from the waitlist or know of any movement?