GWU Interview 12/6

Started by GUDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GUDPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at George Washington U on 12/6 and was wondering if anyone else from that interview has heard back about acceptances yet? Fingers crossed!
 
I interviewed at George Washington U on 12/6 and was wondering if anyone else from that interview has heard back about acceptances yet? Fingers crossed!
I interviewed and haven't heard back from them. Actually of the three interviews I've had so far I thought this was the least "personal". Can't say the day impressed me or made me really want to attend the program. I'm learning that these interviews are good "two-way" tools...gives us the opportunity to size up the school as much as they are sizing us up. That said, I don't have any offers yet so beggers can't be choosy!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@hellohelloduh @BigRedPT @simplyirenic Hey! Did you all accept your spot at GWU for this year? If so, do you have any interview tips or advice? I interview 12/6! Also, how do you like the program if you took a seat? Thanks in advance!
 
@hellohelloduh @BigRedPT @simplyirenic Hey! Did you all accept your spot at GWU for this year? If so, do you have any interview tips or advice? I interview 12/6! Also, how do you like the program if you took a seat? Thanks in advance!

Hey there! I actually ended up taking a seat at Texas Woman's University (it's great, I love it, you should totally come, etc. etc.) but GWU is a great school too and it's great you landed an interview there!

As far as interviews go, it was definitely one of the more relaxed ones for me--the group interview went really smoothly and my solo interview with a professor was more like a conversation. I know for me at least there was a little pressure to be "interesting" considering I was being interviewed with like three or four other candidates, but just be yourself and be confident and you'll be fine! 🙂 Best of luck!
 
Hey there! I actually ended up taking a seat at Texas Woman's University (it's great, I love it, you should totally come, etc. etc.) but GWU is a great school too and it's great you landed an interview there!

As far as interviews go, it was definitely one of the more relaxed ones for me--the group interview went really smoothly and my solo interview with a professor was more like a conversation. I know for me at least there was a little pressure to be "interesting" considering I was being interviewed with like three or four other candidates, but just be yourself and be confident and you'll be fine! 🙂 Best of luck!

Are you at TWU Houston or Dallas? I also applied there! I'm from Dallas so still waiting their reply 🙂