GWU: Post-interview Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lina123321

ralph: im a unitard
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey kids. i was really disappointed :)( -->:mad: -->:scared: -->:eek: ) in getting a letter from gwu indicating that im on their alternate list. i really liked the school, and the interview went, I felt, good...i just wanted to know how many other sdn'ers are out there for this app. cycle who are on the gwu alternate list post-interview; does anyone know when they begin ranking the list?

Members don't see this ad.

hey kids. i was really disappointed :)( -->:mad: -->:scared: -->:eek: ) in getting a letter from gwu indicating that im on their alternate list. i really liked the school, and the interview went, I felt, good...i just wanted to know how many other sdn'ers are out there for this app. cycle who are on the gwu alternate list post-interview; does anyone know when they begin ranking the list?

Last year they separated high-priority alternate from everyone else around late March or early April, and sent out a letter to tell you which one you were. Do a search for GW threads around that time last year if you'd like an exact date.

May I ask when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
GW alternate here.

Inter - 11/7
Alternate - Mid-Dec

last year, i'm pretty sure the list was split into "top of the waitlist" and regular waitlist sometime in mid-late march. the top of the list is pretty small and i have a good feeling (although no proof) that all of us got in last year. there were a lot of rumors last year about the list being ranked, but i heard from admissions that the regular list is NOT ranked. maybe it's different this year? i really don't know. i'd imagine the regular waitlist is pretty humongous, so good luck. people definitely were accepted from that group. those of us who got in off the top portion of the list heard around may 11 or so, and i think others heard in later may and maybe june.

good luck to you guys.

I'm also on the alternate list. Should I send a letter of interest now or in March when the wait list is divided?