GWU, Yeshiva, LIU-CW Post...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cupsych

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! This is my first time posting, but I'm in need of some advice. I am so grateful to be in the happy position of having to make a tricky choice between schools. But it feels like I'm juggling a lot of options and I definitely want to free up spots quickly for others, so please help me!!
Here's the deal: I'm accepted at Yeshiva (clinical psyd), GW (clinical psyd) and LIU-CW Post (clinical psyd). At GW, I'm next in line to get funding that amounts to about $20,000 over 2 years and I've gotten an offer of minimum $5000 in the first year at LIU. I'm also 5th on the waitlist at Catholic (clinical phd) which has much better funding.
Obviously the money is a factor (esp. since I'll just be taking out loans to pay tuition), but I also want to choose the best program.
Any information or impressions you guys can give me would be so appreciated. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi- Thats a nice problem to have! While money is important (GW is 27,000 while LIU is 35,000)... In the long run its really about the educational experience you are looking to have... Each of the programs that have accepted you have some overlaps, but are all quite different (I applied to GW,Yeshiva & LIU). I would suggest you go back over the curriculum of each school, research interests of the faculty, location of the program (where will you be happiest living), size of program, years to graduate (LIU is 5 while GW is 4), cost of living (NYC being a bit more than DC).. LIU was my first choice but I was not accepted- GW was my second and I was offered a position there... so if you decide on GW we will be classmates!

I'd say reject GW so I can have the money they offered you!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you access your financial aid package from CW already? I am accepted and my phone call is a blur because I was too happy to listen beyond "we've accepted you". I believe they said it would come in the mail?

How did you access your financial aid package from CW already? I am accepted and my phone call is a blur because I was too happy to listen beyond "we've accepted you". I believe they said it would come in the mail?

I know what you mean. I definitely had that blurry feeling too. But Dr. Ortiz asked if I had questions at the end of the call, and I asked outright what the package would be. I think it will probably come again in the email we're supposed to get from Pam.

Thanks for all the input!! I so appreciate this :)

I say reject Yeshiva so I can have your spot. lol!! (that is if its clinical health psychology). No, I hope you make the right decision for you.

GW... not CW