gyn onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calot's 3angle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just did a search for this on the forum and it doesn't seem like many people have posted about it recently.

anyone have any idea of what gyn onc fellowship is like and what all makes a competitive application? i'm on my onc rotation right now and i *love* it. i always knew that i loved being in the OR but i never thought i would love it this much. there is also something endlessly rewarding about connecting with patients and their families during such a difficult time in life. i also love going to our tumor board and learning about the best treatments for these cancers. i was getting in at 445am today and singing when i walked into the hospital!

i came into residency thinking that i would be doing a family planning fellowship but now i'm really considering onc. i know that the fellowship is extremely competitive and the work during fellowship is as hard, if not harder, than residency (depends on if you have residents or not at the program i guess). just wanted to put feelers out there for what the fellowship is like and what specifically, if anything, makes a good application.

Members don't see this ad.