H1B/Dentist Green Card (EB2, EB3) Visas

Started by F G Pop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

F G Pop

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am very confused here; if someone can help me, it will be greatly appreciated! PLEASE!

I have the following situation:

I just finished dentistry and want to be a dentist in the USA but I have only a tourist visa.
I know that you can apply for H1B visa for exemple that gives you work permission but in order to work I have to get a US license, which means two more years of study and several exams. So my question is: Can I apply for the H1B visa if I don't have a US license yet?

I know I need sponsor (a work contract, in order to get the H1B visa) who would pay for my fees of study but can I pay them myself, meaning can I take a loan while holding this visa?

What are the first steps to take? Would it be to get the work contract, then apply for the H1B visa and then apply for the 2 year program that will allow me to obtain the license?

Thank you in advance!
 
Hi, I am very confused here; if someone can help me, it will be greatly appreciated! PLEASE!

I have the following situation:

I just finished dentistry and want to be a dentist in the USA but I have only a tourist visa.
I know that you can apply for H1B visa for exemple that gives you work permission but in order to work I have to get a US license, which means two more years of study and several exams. So my question is: Can I apply for the H1B visa if I don't have a US license yet?

I know I need sponsor (a work contract, in order to get the H1B visa) who would pay for my fees of study but can I pay them myself, meaning can I take a loan while holding this visa?

What are the first steps to take? Would it be to get the work contract, then apply for the H1B visa and then apply for the 2 year program that will allow me to obtain the license?

Thank you in advance!

Hi..
In order to practice in US, you have to study again their basic degree i.e. DMD or DDS for 2 or 3 years. Once you are done with that you can find a job and can start working here on an H1 visa. You can get a loan for the fees if you yourself are a us citizen or a green card holder or if there is some other person who is a citizen or a green card holder, who can become your guarantor.
Please have a look at ada website for all the details .
 
Hi, I am very confused here; if someone can help me, it will be greatly appreciated! PLEASE!

I have the following situation:

I just finished dentistry and want to be a dentist in the USA but I have only a tourist visa.
I know that you can apply for H1B visa for exemple that gives you work permission but in order to work I have to get a US license, which means two more years of study and several exams. So my question is: Can I apply for the H1B visa if I don't have a US license yet?

I know I need sponsor (a work contract, in order to get the H1B visa) who would pay for my fees of study but can I pay them myself, meaning can I take a loan while holding this visa?

What are the first steps to take? Would it be to get the work contract, then apply for the H1B visa and then apply for the 2 year program that will allow me to obtain the license?

Thank you in advance!
You can not work in US if you are not licensed Dentist, no matter if you have H-1 visa or green card or citizenship. Now you can not get H-1 until you have license to work as a dentist. So you can get license first and then get H-1.
 
Just a little remark- sponsor for the visa or green card doesn't mean they are paying for anything, "sponsorship" means they are asking for your work permit on your behalf, they may even ask you to pay out of your pocket for the processing and fees of the visa /green card...