H1B visa for Indian Optometrist - Possible?

Started by Yokitha
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yokitha

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hai,
I am an Optometrist ( B.Optom ) from India. I am in H4 visa now. One Eye clinic is ready to sponser me H1B visa. Am I eligible to get my H1B visa? If so, What I have to do for that 😕
 
Before your application can be accepted for this kind of visa, the sponsor has to attest that you possess an occupation in critical shortage. If you are qualified in other than optometry, there is a chance that you can get this visa. However, it would be hard pressed to say that optometry is in critical shortage at this time.

Of course, there are always exceptions.