H1B visa Processing Blues.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro kid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost: I DO NOT INTEND TO CREATE OR PROPAGATE PANIC:Not for myself, neither for others. :confused:
I just want some genuine factual advice. Please don't post any stuff you are not sure about. This creates confusion and apprehension for people reading.

I am doing my residency training in a US university and am on an H1B visa. My current visa expired last year, but I got my I 797 processed, and continued to work. Now I am going to India for vacation and will need to get a visa stamped in New Delhi.
I heard that recently someone in this situation (but working for an IT company instead of a Hospital) went to India to get an H1B stamp, but was held back for credential check (although he had previously held a visa from the same company).

Now I have been following the news about the new administration in Washington being dis favorable to H1Bs. Does anyone know of any such cases of people's H1Bs being denied recently?
Please do post what you know. This will help a lot of people who will be applying for fresh visas.

Members don't see this ad.