• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Mar 31, 2020
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks

Emmet2301

10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2008
Status
I think you can check with American immigration for that.

Also, just curious, are you an Indian citizen in the US and then went to AUC? Or did you go to AUC from India? That must've been very expensive no?

MedStudentNow

2+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks

Have the same question. Did you ever find any answer?

About the Ads