India and South Asia J1 visa-Statement of Need

Started by vkumar90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vkumar90

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks
 
I think you can check with American immigration for that.

Also, just curious, are you an Indian citizen in the US and then went to AUC? Or did you go to AUC from India? That must've been very expensive no?
 
Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks


Have the same question. Did you ever find any answer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad