Hacking to change grades !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacytechguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone at my school managed to hack and change his grades. He is a sophmore. He had a 2.4 GPA.

It's sad. He was going to apply to medical school and was also having an upward grade trend, and also planned to spend a fith year undergrad to double major and then apply. He could have done it.

Wow.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone at my school managed to hack and change his grades. He is a sophmore. He had a 2.4 GPA.

It's sad. He was going to apply to medical school and was also having an upward grade trend, and also planned to spend a fith year undergrad to double major and then apply. He could have done it.

Wow.

So he was caught? Expelled?

Members don't see this ad :)
Macking to change grades ??? Genius!

Yah really you're a little unclear on the outcome...

And wow, he must have been a pretty sharp guy to manage that. Too bad he's such a lazy idiot.

Schools dont kid with stuff like that. I know someone had tried to do this in my high school 2 yrs ago and got caught cause he was "smart" enough to do it from his house and they got the ip address

Schools dont kid with stuff like that. I know someone had tried to do this in my high school 2 yrs ago and got caught cause he was "smart" enough to do it from his house and they got the ip address

Someone I knew did that in high school. Students are allowed to eat in the classrooms during lunch hour, and the guy changed his calculus grade on the computer while the teacher wasn't there. Being the idiot that he was, he only changed his own grade making him the obvious suspect. He got reprimanded but not suspended or expelled.

Last I heard, he went to medical school in Taiwan. I guess standards and ethics are different there.

Someone I knew did that in high school. Students are allowed to eat in the classrooms during lunch hour, and the guy changed his calculus grade on the computer while the teacher wasn't there. Being the idiot that he was, he only changed his own grade making him the obvious suspect. He got reprimanded but not suspended or expelled.

Last I heard, he went to medical school in Taiwan. I guess standards and ethics are different there.

even though I'm not from Taiwan, I would say that your statement is grossly generalized. Just because they have admitted someone who have cheated in the past, that doesn't mean the school encourages cheating and other unethical activities.

even though I'm not from Taiwan, I would say that your statement is grossly generalized. Just because they have admitted someone who have cheated in the past, that doesn't mean the school encourages cheating and other unethical activities.

Is it possible that the school in Taiwan didn't even know? :laugh:

With the amount of effort people put into cheating, wouldn't it just be easier to study and do well on your own?

Is it possible that the school in Taiwan didn't even know? :laugh:

With the amount of effort people put into cheating, wouldn't it just be easier to study and do well on your own?

People usually only choose to cheat retrospectively. It's not like the first thought in their mind the first day of class is "I'm gonna change my grade and get an A!"

what a turd, he shoulda done it like ya heiness right hurr at an internet cafe
haha j/k...but it sounds like it cud work

Members don't see this ad :)
if you're going to start hacking your grades, might as well start blackmailing people....like in apt pupil if anyon ever saw that movie.

if you could hack grades... rather than making your grades higher, you should lower everyone else's grades haha

Are you typing in English?
zoyks! that was a good one fink! worthy of 400 experience points and a level up! now youre a level 40 douchebag with special powers in making atrociously bad posts! zing! get outta here homie...

if you could hack grades... rather than making your grades higher, you should lower everyone else's grades haha
There is no anonymity in using the Internet, and if someone really wants to know who you are they can find out. That's what I don't understand people who do complicit things on their own damn computer, its like telling people "here I am please catch me".

Of course its grossly generalized, but it stands to reason that any medical school that admits students on grades alone without interview will have more problems with morally deviant and unethical students.

Reminds me of the movie "Hackers"

Except Zero-Cool was too cool to get caught. Your friendly OBVIOUSLY isn't a 133777 h4x0rrzz

Some kids at my high school hacked the office computer from the school computer after breaking in there at late night. It went unnoticed for a few weeks until the secretary found a mismatch between the printed copies of the transcript and the computer database.

All of them were uncovered and repreminded (not expelled). After college none of the state schools would touch them, so they all went to community college. After 2 years in the CC, 4 out of 5 of them transferred to UC Berkeley (They were smart kids to begin with. Changed their grades from a 3.6 to a 4.0).

I guess it all worked out for them in the end, and they saved tons of money.

And maybe they saved tons of money on their car insurance in the meanwhile.

Same thing happened to a bunch of the honors engineering students at my alma mater. Not sure what happened, but I actually don't think they got expelled.

if you're going to start hacking your grades, might as well start blackmailing people....like in apt pupil if anyon ever saw that movie.

Reminds me of the movie "Hackers"

Except Zero-Cool was too cool to get caught. Your friendly OBVIOUSLY isn't a 133777 h4x0rrzz

Wow, I'm feeling old. Back in my day, people hacking to change their grades used to remind us of "Wargames"!

(Or "Ferris Bueller" a few years later, but in that one Broderick just changed his attendance record, not his actual grades...)

"Would you like to play a game?"

I had thoughts about doing that once, but found it was much easier to just study and get the real A. :rolleyes:

I too had thoughts of doing this to cover the mistakes of my freshman year. I'm doing well now, hopefully that will work out.

The thought of getting caught scares me. Not only that, I'm not sure how or if I could live knowing that I cheated like that.

Hey, everyone cheats to some degree at least once in their life. But I think the whole hacking thing pretty far off.

Also, I am not very savy when it comes to anything beyon typing and basic use of internet.

Is this the one with Gandalf playing some old Nazi?