Had to go ask for papers :( killed my time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seastar70

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did my DAT today..
Oh God, so glad it is done, I got a 29 on ochem omg ...no bragging but Im so proud of myself.. Chad man chad :) I was never good at ochem. Barely got a B ( really bad professor when I was in college) But chad's videos are AMAZING..

oh well Im not posting for that tho, I created an acount just to ask is it ok for the test center to ask you to go get the scratch papers at the front desk yourself??! When I first got there I told the lady I write big, and Ill prob be asking for papers often I was really nice with the biggest smile ( I smile when Im nervous) .. and then she's like you should come at the front desk and get them yourself!! Like switch the old two for new ones..Is that normal?? Has anyone done that? .. anyways so I actually had to get up and leave my desk go out of the room at the front desk and get papers I was so frustrated for pat and for math, I walked out 3 times at least for math..and killed 3-4 min at least cause the lady was looking for papers too btw I didnt want to be mean or mad or rude ( or argue cause I was losing valuable time) but dude are you kidding me??!! I have 45 min for 40 questions.. I got an 18 on math.. I hate to do this, but I kinda blame them for it.. with a 24 on bio and 29 on ochem I think Id do really good on math too. I got 80-85 % on distroyer math quizes .. if I was a little more relaxed and getting papers to write on, I would do better on pat and math??
Any thoughts???
but overall my avg is 22 Im happy, and science 24, pat 20 ehh could be better. But not kidding the paper situation got me so nervous. And Idk why I thought we could erase those boards for pat..I should have researched better... apparently we cannot.. anyways just curious. My bf says Im being dramatic, but Im really mad. Plz tell me my frustration is understandable..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You would think they would have papers ready after paying loads of money for this exam
Agreed, but that is why I always highly suggest the DAT test drive to you know EXACTLY what to expect. Testing centers can have slight differences in the way things are handled.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I should have. Btw, your distroyer book wasa great great resource. I cut the pages out and stapled each subject together and went over each subject on my breaks at work. Amazing :)

I should have. Btw, your distroyer book wasa great great resource. I cut the pages out and stapled each subject together and went over each subject on my breaks at work. Amazing :)
Thanks we work very hard on our materials! Hope we see a breakdown of your scores soon. It always helps other students.

Nancy