Hahnemann anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCMonkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm interviewing at Hahnemann on 3/18. Anyone else going to be there? Also, for those of you who have interviewed there, does the day actually end around 2:00 like they say in the letter? I ask because if it does, I think I can make a flight out that leaves at 7:45.

Also, can anyone recommend a good place to stay (preferably near the school)?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also considering interviewing around the 18 monkeyrunner, so this info might be helpful to me as well.

Your interview day at MCP will begin at 8am or 8:30am (I can't remember the time!) like it says in the letter. In the morning until around 10 or so, Lisa Cifelli, the interview coodinator will give you a little talk, the Dean will visit, and you'll tour the school. If your interview is at another campus, you'll have to take a shuttle, but there are two interviews. One with a student where you'll eat lunch and another with a faculty member. I think my interviews were at 11am and then noon. I was done around 1:30pm because my student talked a heck of a lot and she insisted we walk around so she could show me the place again.

My flight was at 6:45pm that day and I made it to the airport with no complications. BTW, you can take the local R8 train from MCP to 30th St. Station and then the R1 to the airport. It will save you $10 from taking a cab and it takes about 45 minutes.

I can't offer you any housing suggestions because I stayed with my boyfriend in Center City.

Members don't see this ad :)
kermit is right about the layout of the day. keep in mind though that your faculty interview could be after lunch. the day i was there, 70% of the applicants had their faculty interview before lunch, the others had theirs in the early afternoon (about 2:00 for me if i remember correctly).

I forgot that I do have a suggestion about lodging. My friend stayed at the B&B that MCP recommended and said it was very rundown. There is only one bathroom for all the interviewers that stay there, which maybe be 2-4 since they tend to have 20/day. The shower was broken, they didn't provide an iron, and breakfast bad. She said she would have stayed in a hotel in the city and commuted had she known about the train accessibility.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, that was recommended in the interview brochure and got the interviewee discount.It was very nice (but breakfast was not free, though you could buy it if you wanted) and they had a complimentary shuttle service to Hahnemann (about 10-15 min ride). Only catch is you have to schedule the shuttle a few days in advance (I think). All in all it was a very pleasant experience if you can spring for the hotel.