-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hahnemann interview
Started by CityIvy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn't. Maybe that's a good sign?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's what it said:
Dear (my name),
We look forward to welcoming you to MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine on
March 12, 2002. Please refer to your interview invitation letter for the
time you should arrive. We have tried to provide you with all you need to
know about our campus, getting here, and staying in Philadelphia. However,
if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to introducing you to our wonderful students, faculty, and
facility. We are truly a medical school of great tradition and unique
opportunities. While you are here, I also hope you take some time to visit
Philadelphia and all it has to offer.
I look forward to meeting you.
Best wishes,
Kelli Kennedy
Director of Admissions
does this mean anything, or is it just a generic email they send to applicants?
Dear (my name),
We look forward to welcoming you to MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine on
March 12, 2002. Please refer to your interview invitation letter for the
time you should arrive. We have tried to provide you with all you need to
know about our campus, getting here, and staying in Philadelphia. However,
if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to introducing you to our wonderful students, faculty, and
facility. We are truly a medical school of great tradition and unique
opportunities. While you are here, I also hope you take some time to visit
Philadelphia and all it has to offer.
I look forward to meeting you.
Best wishes,
Kelli Kennedy
Director of Admissions
does this mean anything, or is it just a generic email they send to applicants?
I think it's a generic letter send to people scheduled to have an interview. I've received interview invite yesterday, called them today to set up a date (April 11th), got home, checked e-mail and found exactly the same message you received. I think it's just a confirmation.
gg
gg
Received invite late November. interviewed late January
32P MCAT, 3.6 gpa
Good luck
32P MCAT, 3.6 gpa
Good luck
I was offered an interview in late September and interviewed on 10/8. I received an acceptance the first week in November.
3.56 CUM GPA from JHU
3.42 BCPM GPA
30R (9v,11p,10b)
My interviewers were really laid back. Neither asked anything out of the ordinary, we mainly just talked about medicine and Baltimore. I really liked the technology of the school, but didn't like the blatant evasion of their financial history and location.
3.56 CUM GPA from JHU
3.42 BCPM GPA
30R (9v,11p,10b)
My interviewers were really laid back. Neither asked anything out of the ordinary, we mainly just talked about medicine and Baltimore. I really liked the technology of the school, but didn't like the blatant evasion of their financial history and location.
I interviewed at Hahnemann mid-November and was accepted early February. Stats: MCAT 32, GPA 3.4. But this school accepts students with all kinds of numbers and is keen on non-traditional students. Of all the schools I interviewed, Hahnemann was the most low-key and completely free of the pretentiousness I've seen at most schools, even those with mediocre reputations. And unlike Dr. Kermit, I felt the school was surprisingly candid about its rocky financial past. Since interviewing there, I've since learned that almost every academic medical center is facing the same financial pressures Hahnemann faced a few years ago. My research into this school has reassured me that there is enough political and financial will to keep this place going for a long time. And as everyone comments, students do seem very happy there. Sorry for the speech.
I called them up today and was told that my application still has NOT been reviewed! My file's been complete since November, so I guess it's been sitting in a pile for 4 months now, all complete and ready to go. I wonder what is going on...
I think the Hahnemnann office is a little screwy. Once I contacted them about application status and they told me I was missing a letter from my chemistry professor but otherwise my application was complete. So, I had the chemistry letter resent. A couple of weeks later I contacted thema again to ask abot status and they told me I was missing a letter from my physics professor but otherwise my application was complete.
Either way my interview invite came about 4.5 months after my application was complete. Invite received in January for April 2 interview. I will not be attending that interview (they have been contacted) so that should open up at least one extra interview spot.
Either way my interview invite came about 4.5 months after my application was complete. Invite received in January for April 2 interview. I will not be attending that interview (they have been contacted) so that should open up at least one extra interview spot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad