Interview Appropriate Attire for Women

Started by beloop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beloop

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I have looked on this site about women's interview attire. Are acceptable colors still limited to only navy/grey/beige/black? I am eyeing this dark brown/walnut colored suit from Anne Taylor. It is darker than my skin tone (so no nude-ish appearance there), and naturally I would not be rolling up my sleeves nor wearing chunky earrings/sunglasses. I have black hair I would be wearing down if that is relevant.
1784249039005.png

Thank you in advance.
 
Reminder to all to read this article

Short answer: for your interview, stay with black/navy/gray. Don't want to get into Obama arguments over the tan/beige suit again (personal preference, so YMMV).

Otherwise, if you like the color, there will be other opportunities where you can style with command... like your white coat ceremony.