Hampton U School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futurerxgirl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I've been searching for a thread for Hampton University SOP 2018 class and its applicants and I haven't found one so I decided to create this. Please update any information if they have heard from the school yet regarding interviews etc.
 
The only thing I have received is a postcard that says that my application is complete for interview selction but not invite or anything else. What about you
 
The only thing I have received is a postcard that says that my application is complete for interview selction but not invite or anything else. What about you
I turned in my package to HU about 2 weeks ago since I was waiting for my fall transcript. When did you turn in your application package and how long did it take for them to send you the postcard? I heard they start calling for interviews between February and March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I turned in my package to HU about 2 weeks ago since I was waiting for my fall transcript. When did you turn in your application package and how long did it take for them to send you the postcard? I heard they start calling for interviews between February and March.

I turned in my application a little before Christmas and just got that index card last week. Also what are your stats and what other places did you reply?
 
I turned in my application around Jan 10th and received a call today to schedule an interview.
 
I turned in my application around Jan 10th and received a call today to schedule an interview.
I turned in my application on January 12. HU called me today to schedule my interview for next Tuesday. Are you applying to any other schools?
 
I turned in my application on January 12. HU called me today to schedule my interview for next Tuesday. Are you applying to any other schools?
I also applied to Marshall, Wingate, Howard, West Virginia, and Campbell. What about you?
 
I turned in my application around Jan 10th and received a call today to schedule an interview.

I received a call yesterday in regards to interview. I scheduled for next wed...since you are going first let us know how it goes. I read on here there is some form of test that is given as well. Also, is this your first choice?
 
Hello All. I mailed my application on December 16. I received a post card on December 19 confirming receipt. I received a call last Monday to schedule an interview for this Wednesday. Good Luck everyone 🙂
 
Hello All. I mailed my application on December 16. I received a post card on December 19 confirming receipt. I received a call last Monday to schedule an interview for this Wednesday. Good Luck everyone 🙂
Congrats maybe we will see each other as i interview tomorrow as well... what time is you interview are you nervous?
 
Ok maybe so. My interview is at 4pm tomorrow. Haha I am nervous, but I think that's a good thing. Good Luck!
 
Congrats maybe we will see each other as i interview tomorrow as well... what time is you interview are you nervous?
Ok maybe so. My interview is at 4pm tomorrow. Haha I am nervous, but I think that's a good thing. Good Luck!
 
I turned in my application on January 12. HU called me today to schedule my interview for next Tuesday. Are you applying to any other schools?
Congratulations! My interview is tomorrow. How did yours go today? How was the test? I applied to Hampton and VCU 🙂
 
Ok maybe so. My interview is at 4pm tomorrow. Haha I am nervous, but I think that's a good thing. Good Luck!
Mine is at 2:30 pm. Everyone keeps talking about a test. They did not talk to me about a test. I wonder what that is about?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is at 2:30 pm. Everyone keeps talking about a test. They did not talk to me about a test. I wonder what that is about?
They did not talk to me about a test either, but I know there is one. People were talking about it in a previous forum. A basic test that tests your knowledge of where you stand.
 
Congratulations! My interview is tomorrow. How did yours go today? How was the test? I applied to Hampton and VCU 🙂
Thank you! Congratulations to you also! =) I think my interview went pretty good overall. I was nervous at first but as the interview went on I felt more at ease. How was your interview today? Honestly, I can't believe that process is finished. Now we just have to wait. But does anyone know how long until they mail letters out?
 
Thank you! Congratulations to you also! =) I think my interview went pretty good overall. I was nervous at first but as the interview went on I felt more at ease. How was your interview today? Honestly, I can't believe that process is finished. Now we just have to wait. But does anyone know how long until they mail letters out?
I think my interview went well. They said that they should be done with the process by the end of March. How do you think you did on the test? What did you study to prepare for it?
 
I think my interview went well. They said that they should be done with the process by the end of March. How do you think you did on the test? What did you study to prepare for it?
I was thinking it was around that time frame but thank you for confirming it. I think I did well enough hopefully. I did not study for it since I was focusing on preparing for the interview but I thought some of the questions were similar to what you would expect from the PCAT and other questions were pretty basic. What about you?
 
I'm agonizing about this interview. I hoping that we find out sooner than desired date. I must say I really liked the environment and I could see myself there. I would love to come there and go to school in the future. Hopefully we all get in.
 
I was thinking it was around that time frame but thank you for confirming it. I think I did well enough hopefully. I did not study for it since I was focusing on preparing for the interview but I thought some of the questions were similar to what you would expect from the PCAT and other questions were pretty basic. What about you?
Hello, I'm interviewing in March and wanted to know how long the interview process was including the test. Thanks!
 
I'm agonizing about this interview. I hoping that we find out sooner than desired date. I must say I really liked the environment and I could see myself there. I would love to come there and go to school in the future. Hopefully we all get in.
Hi! My interview is in March and I wanted to know what the test was like for you? How many questions were there and what subjects were tested? If you can help I would really appreciate it thank you!
 
Hi! My interview is in March and I wanted to know what the test was like for you? How many questions were there and what subjects were tested? If you can help I would really appreciate it thank you!

I would say that the interview time was a little under an hour and half. the test is kinda blur. if you too the pcat you should b fine; i wouldnt worry.

Congratulations btw!!!
 
Thank you! Good luck to you!
Congratulations! I was wondering, do you live in the area? I was just curious on how long they are having interviews for and when will they make their final decision. I wasn't sure if anyone knows how many people do they accept this coming year.
 
I was told the end of March we should know something concrete. In addition; someone previously said around 70 people and about 65 come in the fall to attend school..
 
Hi everyone I go to hampton university and will be looking for a roommate in the summer. stats: AA, female in mid 20s, pharmacy student. If you are looking for housing or roomate give me a buzz.
 
Hi Guys, I'm also a current Pharm Student potentially looking for a female roommate for this summer...A/A, Mid 20's, Female, Pharm Student. If you're looking for housing/roommate, send me a message. If anyone just has questions about the school/program/etc, I'll be glad to help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, congrats to all those who will be attending Hampton University. I graduated from hampton in May 2011. If you guys need any info or any information on housing or anything about HUSOP, please contact me. I have a very good housing possibility in a quiet, gated community about 6 miles away from school. You may contact me at 443-280-0368 or by email... [email protected]. Good luck to everyone.
 
I received a call yesterday in regards to interview. I scheduled for next wed...since you are going first let us know how it goes. I read on here there is some form of test that is given as well. Also, is this your first choice?
Have you heard anything as far as a final decision?
 
Is anyone looking for housing or a roommate for the upcoming school year? I go to hampton university school of pharmacy pls inbox me.
Letters should be out in April.

Thanks
 
I got my acceptance letter today! Good Luck everyone. I'm looking forward our journey together 🙂
Congrats!! I am currently on my way to Florida for another interview! So I am anxious to have my roommate check the mail! But they're not home yet. Where are you located? What State I should say?
 
Thanks 🙂 Im located in Chesapeake, VA. I interviewed Feb 12. I'll say a prayer for you. I hope you get great news. Is Hampton your first choice?
Congrats!! I am currently on my way to Florida for another interview! So I am anxious to have my roommate check the mail! But they're not home yet. Where are you located? What State I should say?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys, I'm also a current Pharm Student potentially looking for a female roommate for this summer...A/A, Mid 20's, Female, Pharm Student. If you're looking for housing/roommate, send me a message. If anyone just has questions about the school/program/etc, I'll be glad to help.
Hi. I do have a question regarding the program. What are the hours for the three days of orientation?
 
Congrats to those that are accepted. Plz which date did u guys interviewed and re u guys transfers student? I have not received my letter yet..
 
I had my interview Feb 12. I did my undergrad at NSU. I think that makes me a Transfer student. Good Luck 🙂
Congrats to those that are accepted. Plz which date did u guys interviewed and re u guys transfers student? I have not received my letter yet..