Hampton U School of Pharmacy Class of 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEwing2514

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys! I see nobody made a post about Hampton U School of Pharmacy application process for this cycle. Just turned in my application about a week ago and was just wondering if anybody heard anything from the school yet?? Feel free to share!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey you guys! I see nobody made a post about Hampton U School of Pharmacy application process for this cycle. Just turned in my application about a week ago and was just wondering if anybody heard anything from the school yet?? Feel free to share!
I turned my application last week also and was wondering the same thing. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

I just received my postcard saying my application is complete!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

I turned in my application a couple weeks ago and was just curious how you guys did on your PCATs or if you know the general scores that HU accepts?

Thanks and good luck!

I didn't do so well on my pcat. I took it in july and didn't prepare for it right. But Ive talked to HU and they told me to not really worry about it because they tend to look at that last when it comes to letters of rec., personal statement, app., interview, etc. So if you have a solid application, go for it! Goodluck as well!

I received an interview invite, as well as a postcard saying my application is complete!

I received an interview invite, as well as a postcard saying my application is complete!

Cool, I also have received a postcard too saying that my application is complete for interview determination. Does this mean I am going to get an interview? Did you get another card with that saying that you been invited for interview?

Last edited:
I'm not sure... I received a phone call inviting me for an interview. Then I received a postcard the day after receiving the call, which said that my application was complete and ready for interview determination.

I'm not sure... I received a phone call inviting me for an interview. Then I received a postcard the day after receiving the call, which said that my application was complete and ready for interview determination.

Oh nice, I just received only the postcard saying that my application was complete and ready for interview determination. I did not get a call yet. Did they call your primary cellphone or home phone? Did they call you today?

I received the call on my cell last week. I'm sure you'll get a call soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I received the call on my cell last week. I'm sure you'll get a call soon!

Oh nice!, yea I'm hoping to get a call this week or next week. That is very exciting news for you that you got an interview. Are you a student coming out of high school or a transfer student from college?

I'm sure your call will come soon! I'm a transfer student. How about you?

Imam so excited so see everyone is starting to get feedback already! I only got the postcard in the mail with a discrepancy regarding some prerequisites I think I've contacted the lady at HU a half dozen times to get it straightened out. My nerves are shot already! Congrats to you guys who got the invite call!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure your call will come soon! I'm a transfer student. How about you?

Very nice. I am a transfer student also. I am also from Florida. I will let you know what news I will get. Good luck on your interview!

Imam so excited so see everyone is starting to get feedback already! I only got the postcard in the mail with a discrepancy regarding some prerequisites I think I've contacted the lady at HU a half dozen times to get it straightened out. My nerves are shot already! Congrats to you guys who got the invite call!

Oh cool. Yea I am waiting for a call also. Good luck to you too!

Oh cool. Yea I am waiting for a call also. Good luck to you too!
Thanks! I was super disappointed to see the little check on my postcard saying that my application was incomplete due to an oversight. In my head I'm freaking out that they have shoved my packet in the "reject" pile over something silly.

Thanks! I was super disappointed to see the little check on my postcard saying that my application was incomplete due to an oversight. In my head I'm freaking out that they have shoved my packet in the "reject" pile over something silly.

Oh hmm, I wonder, mine says I have my application fully completed and that I have 2 prerequisites left to take before I enter the program

Oh hmm, I wonder, mine says I have my application fully completed and that I have 2 prerequisites left to take before I enter the program
That's so strange! I'm finishing up my last class now, which I put in on my app, but they wrote down incomplete for a missing humanities credit. Which I did plenty of... I don't get it.

That's so strange! I'm finishing up my last class now, which I put in on my app, but they wrote down incomplete for a missing humanities credit. Which I did plenty of... I don't get it.

On mine. They checked that my package of my application is complete and they also checked the prerequisite section which was P/E and History II. I think I might have to take those before I enter the program, even after completing a 4 year degree. I might have to check with them on that though. THe reason is because some pharmacy schools to where a student earns a 4 year degree before entering the program. Some of the history classes, P/E classes, and those gen education classes are all covered. I know that students will have by the end of summer 2015 to finish preqrequisites before entering the program.

I'm a semi-local student (about an hour from HU).

I also have a 4 year degree, but am also in a similar boat with the pre-reqs... My postcard was marked as application complete, but it was marked in the pre-req section that I have to do PE 1/2 (confirmed that my other health classes don't count) and Calculus (confirmed that C- doesn't count and must be re-done).

I'm a semi-local student (about an hour from HU).

I also have a 4 year degree, but am also in a similar boat with the pre-reqs... My postcard was marked as application complete, but it was marked in the pre-req section that I have to do PE 1/2 (confirmed that my other health classes don't count) and Calculus (confirmed that C- doesn't count and must be re-done).

Yea that is what is was. PE 1/2. That would be very surprising if we have to take P/E 1/2. I wonder what history II class I have to take

I signed up for Volleyball & Tennis at the local community college yesterday to cover the PE 1/2 requirements! I took US History 1 & 2 for my history requirements. Hope this helps!

I signed up for Volleyball & Tennis at the local community college yesterday to cover the PE 1/2 requirements! I took US History 1 & 2 for my history requirements. Hope this helps!

Oh yes. Thanks. My plan was to take those prerequisites if this ends up being the college I get into. I would then take them over the summer.

I'm considering going to the Apple Store. There must be something wrong with my phone. I haven't gotten an interview call yet...

I
I'm considering going to the Apple Store. There must be something wrong with my phone. I haven't gotten an interview call yet...

I did not get mine either. I am hoping next week. I am on the same boat.

Hey guys! Im glad you guys are receiving great news concerning your application and interview. I have my interview as well in like less than 3 weeks. Hopefully I will see some of you guys there! So excited but soooo nervous :)

Hi everyone! I also have my interview in about two and half weeks from now and I am excited and nervous as well. Good luck to all! =)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I also have my interview in about two and half weeks from now and I am excited and nervous as well. Good luck to all! =)

Very nice. I am still waiting on my call for an interview. Hopefully I will get one.

Just curious to know, but for those of you who have your interviews coming up shortly would you mind sharing how the process went? Also, there are test questions included as well and I'm interested to know what that's all about. Thanks guys!

Received a call to offer me an interview. Now my nerves have shifted to preparing for that. Not to ask a silly question, but how do you prepare for an interview? It seems like a no brainer, but I'm not too sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Received a call to offer me an interview. Now my nerves have shifted to preparing for that. Not to ask a silly question, but how do you prepare for an interview? It seems like a no brainer, but I'm not too sure.

Very nice! I am still waiting for a call. When did you get your call?

They called on Wednesday. Said I needed to bring 3 copies of my resume and there would be a test afterwards. First off, I've never ever written a resume so I need to get to work on that. And a test?!? What's that about? I'm nervous and I really don't know how to prepare.

Hey guys! Im glad you guys are receiving great news concerning your application and interview. I have my interview as well in like less than 3 weeks. Hopefully I will see some of you guys there! So excited but soooo nervous :)

They called on Wednesday. Said I needed to bring 3 copies of my resume and there would be a test afterwards. First off, I've never ever written a resume so I need to get to work on that. And a test?!? What's that about? I'm nervous and I really don't know how to prepare.

Yea I heard about some test they give out. I think it is something that is similar to the pcat. I am really wondering if I will get a call this week for an interview. My gpa is at their minimum requirement. I wonder what they are going to look at for both the gpa, pcat, and application. I am quite nervous too!

I heard that if you did well on the PCAT, the test isn't a big deal.

I heard that if you did well on the PCAT, the test isn't a big deal.
Well.... I did terrible on the pcat! As in, I was sweating it the whole time, and my scores? They were bad. I could have done way better. So now I'm not only nervous about the interview but the test portion too. I'm trying to stay positive guys, but it's worrying me.

Well.... I did terrible on the pcat! As in, I was sweating it the whole time, and my scores? They were bad. I could have done way better. So now I'm not only nervous about the interview but the test portion too. I'm trying to stay positive guys, but it's worrying me.

I actually talked to them today about the test and they said that it doesn't usually impact a person's acceptance. Hope this helps! You'll be fine - just breathe and relax!

I actually talked to them today about the test and they said that it doesn't usually impact a person's acceptance. Hope this helps! You'll be fine - just breathe and relax!
Hmm seriously? Cause that would be a huge relief! Hey did you have ur interview today? I thought I remembered someone posting they had one on the 16th. If it was you, sorry ya had to come out in the snow!

Hmm seriously? Cause that would be a huge relief! Hey did you have ur interview today? I thought I remembered someone posting they had one on the 16th. If it was you, sorry ya had to come out in the snow!
Oh and just breathe and relax? HA! That's funny, my family has been telling me that since the day I turned in my application. Maybe I should take a hint...

I wish! My interview was supposed to be this Wednesday, but they called today to reschedule it because of the weather and I asked about the test when they called.

You'll be okay!

Thanks for the support. My interview is next Monday. Good luck to you too.

The ones that got interviews. Did y'all turn in the application early during the cycle?

The ones that got interviews. Did y'all turn in the application early during the cycle?
I applied 1/15. I intended to apply sooner, but one of my transcripts was very late arriving.
Thanks for the support. My interview is next Monday. Good luck to you too.
Good luck and thank you! We rescheduled to the beginning of March, so I have another 2 weeks to overanalyze what I'm going to wear!