Hampton University's Masters in Medical Science 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting for a reply and I'm going crazy. I've called, emailed, left messages and have received NOTHING!

Hi everyone.
I applied to this program and sent everything in prior to June 1st--maybe completed my application around May 22nd.
I haven't received an interview, online interview, or a denial letter.
I sent an email late week and they replied within the hour saying my application is under final review.
School does start 8/28 right? And it's August 3rd. I'm definitely getting a denial letter soon right? It's no way they are still accepting students in August plus I never heard anything about an interview.
Opinions anyone??

Sid0711 I completed mine the 24th of May and got an online interview the last week of July . That's only after constantly calling them and asking for an update. I haven't heard anything since submitting my online interview. I even lost my spot in the Drexel post bacc program bc I couldn't commit without getting a denial or acceptance from HU. Druitt is on vacation until the 21st. But they are still accepting students so just stay positive!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone.
I applied to this program and sent everything in prior to June 1st--maybe completed my application around May 22nd.
I haven't received an interview, online interview, or a denial letter.
I sent an email late week and they replied within the hour saying my application is under final review.
School does start 8/28 right? And it's August 3rd. I'm definitely getting a denial letter soon right? It's no way they are still accepting students in August plus I never heard anything about an interview.
Opinions anyone??

Sid0711 I completed mine the 24th of May and got an online interview the last week of July . That's only after constantly calling them and asking for an update. I haven't heard anything since submitting my online interview. I even lost my spot in the Drexel post bacc program bc I couldn't commit without getting a denial or acceptance from HU. Druitt is on vacation until the 21st. But they are still accepting students so just stay positive!

I guess I'll try to stay positive. But honestly if I get accepted I highly doubt I'll be able to get everything together by the time school starts. Thanks for taking the time to reply btw!

I guess I'll try to stay positive. But honestly if I get accepted I highly doubt I'll be able to get everything together by the time school starts. Thanks for taking the time to reply btw!

It was no problem at all! I'm in the same boat so I understand how you're feeling. Even if I do get in, it'll be a quick move coming from Jersey but I'm gonna suck it up and do what needs to be done. Just start looking for apartments just in case!

Congrats to all who have been accepted!!! Would anyone be willing to include their stats please? Gpa, Mcat

Yes, please share your stats if you don't mind. I'm looking to apply to this program.

I know this program doesn't have a minimum MCAT requirement but does anyone know what a "competitive" score is?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There is no minimum dat/mcat scores. As long as you have at least a 2.5 gpa....APPLY! They use your dat/mcat scores to see if you need to take an english class. They look at your application holistically and then they have a two part interview process. They already understand that something was weak about your dental/med school applications and you are looking to strengthen those areas.

Submitted my online questionnaire, anyone know how long before I hear something back?

Hi everyone, I submitted my application through mail on December 1st, and have not heard anything back yet. I’m praying to be accepted into the program for fall 2018. Has anyone gotten accepted yet?

I know it's only been a couple months since a lot of the first year students have started the program, but I was just wondering if you all could offer your opinion on the program so far regarding how helpful the MCAT prep has been, general living circumstances (fin aid and how affordable everything is) and just any other information you all would care to share? Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone, I submitted my application through mail on December 1st, and have not heard anything back yet. I’m praying to be accepted into the program for fall 2018. Has anyone gotten accepted yet?
I haven’t gotten an acceptance letter but did do an online interview. Hoping to get an on campus interview soon. I went to the Hampton Graduate Fair and the students currently in the program gave tons of information and Mr. Druitt was so nice. Classes are Monday thru Thursday. Everyone recommended to not work the first semester and that the professors are more than welling help when needed.

Hi all. I heard about Master's in medical science today. I am wondering how much does it affect the application to dental schools?

Hi all. I heard about Master's in medical science today. I am wondering how much does it affect the application to dental schools?
The program is really good for networking with other dentals schools and getting exposure to programs that you may not have known about. It also gives you a chance to refresh you bio, chem, and organic chem knowledge. Health professions is a class that’s good with helping with your interview skills, RC, and personal statement.

I haven’t gotten an acceptance letter but did do an online interview. Hoping to get an on campus interview soon. I went to the Hampton Graduate Fair and the students currently in the program gave tons of information and Mr. Druitt was so nice. Classes are Monday thru Thursday. Everyone recommended to not work the first semester and that the professors are more than welling help when needed.
The professors are extremely helpful!! There are people who worked in my class and it didn’t seem to affect them at all. I guess it’s a personal choice, time management, and how many responsibilities you have outside of school.

The professors are extremely helpful!! There are people who worked in my class and it didn’t seem to affect them at all. I guess it’s a personal choice, time management, and how many responsibilities you have outside of school.

Hey I was just wondering if you could may be discuss some of your thoughts on the program thus far and some of the little things you like or even dislike about the program or some of the little things that students may over look while trying to get adjusted in the program.

Really wanted to make it Grad Day to pick some of the current students brain, but unfortunately I couldn't :(

Hey I was just wondering if you could may be discuss some of your thoughts on the program thus far and some of the little things you like or even dislike about the program or some of the little things that students may over look while trying to get adjusted in the program.

Really wanted to make it Grad Day to pick some of the current students brain, but unfortunately I couldn't :(
Are you medical or dental?

Ok, the medical students seem to enjoy the program. The chemistry exams are set up to mimick the MCAT, so that’s really helpful for you. There is a class that helps you with your CARS section on the MCAT as well. You will also have access to a Kaplan course that will further prepare you. If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

Ok, the medical students seem to enjoy the program. The chemistry exams are set up to mimick the MCAT, so that’s really helpful for you. There is a class that helps you with your CARS section on the MCAT as well. You will also have access to a Kaplan course that will further prepare you. If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

Thank you, I appreciate your insight!!

I had my interview and now just waiting on a response. I’m so excited and believe I did well. Rather I get in or not I
Don't you dare stop pursuing dreams!!! A denial now is not a permanent rejection. There is always another way of making your dreams come true. The way someone else did it may not be for you but don't give up. Apply again in September when the cycle first opens up and work in the mean time. I'm praying for your strength and if you want to talk, we can pm but don't you EVER GIVE UP!
Hello I hope you are are excelling in the program! I took your advice and I had an interview this past Friday!☺️ I feel real good about it and hope to find something out in the next couple of weeks! It’s all in his hands as always! Thank you again for your kind words!

I had my interview and now just waiting on a response. I’m so excited and believe I did well. Rather I get in or not I

Hello I hope you are are excelling in the program! I took your advice and I had an interview this past Friday!☺️ I feel real good about it and hope to find something out in the next couple of weeks! It’s all in his hands as always! Thank you again for your kind words!
Heyyy! I’m so happy for you!!! God doesn’t make mistakes. I wanted to peak in on the interviews but I had some things I needed to get done. I’m sure you did great and you’ll be a Hamptonian in no time! Don’t stress in the meantime. Read over your physics and chemistry notes to familiarize yourself with the material again and keep focusing on the next step in becoming a doctor because that’s the ultimate goal!
I’m doing well in the program and always thankful for the opportunity. I’m studying for my DAT and getting ready for the upcoming admissions cycle. Let me know if you need anything else and good luck!

Heyyy! I’m so happy for you!!! God doesn’t make mistakes. I wanted to peak in on the interviews but I had some things I needed to get done. I’m sure you did great and you’ll be a Hamptonian in no time! Don’t stress in the meantime. Read over your physics and chemistry notes to familiarize yourself with the material again and keep focusing on the next step in becoming a doctor because that’s the ultimate goal!
I’m doing well in the program and always thankful for the opportunity. I’m studying for my DAT and getting ready for the upcoming admissions cycle. Let me know if you need anything else and good luck!
☺️ I will definitely keep in touch thanks agin

Is the interview, either online and/or required for admission? I received an email today after asking for a follow up on my application and they said that it was being forwarded to be under final review and once a decision is made, I should be notified email/mail.

Hi Everyone! I've read the entire thread, and so far I've done everything that was recommended. I've submitted my application, attended Graduate College Day, and received an online interview about two weeks ago? Does anybody know if they are still doing personal interviews this year? Or only online interviews? I'm so worried:(. I pray I get in. I'm so happy this forum is active again. I made an account specifically for it.:nod:

Reactions: 1 users
Is the interview, either online and/or required for admission? I received an email today after asking for a follow up on my application and they said that it was being forwarded to be under final review and once a decision is made, I should be notified email/mail.

If you just submitted your application material then there is an online questionnaire you must fill out within 24 hours and after that you may receive an invitation for an on-campus interview. I haven't heard of anyone being able to conduct this interview online and to my understanding it is mandatory, but maybe someone other students who are currently in the program know otherwise.

Hi Everyone! I've read the entire thread, and so far I've done everything that was recommended. I've submitted my application, attended Graduate College Day, and received an online interview about two weeks ago? Does anybody know if they are still doing personal interviews this year? Or only online interviews? I'm so worried:(. I pray I get in. I'm so happy this forum is active again. I made an account specifically for it.:nod:

Based on time lines from posters of previous cycles I believe they are still conducting in person interviews at this time, but it never hurts to call and confirm, especially if it gives you a chance to express how sincere your interest are in this program. Always a positive to have good faith and think optimistically. In our chosen career paths we have A LOT more waiting to do lol, best to envision success while we do so!!

They are still doing interviews everyone. Just try to be patient with the process. We have second years about to graduate, first years prepping for professional school admission cycles, undergrads doing the same, as well as admissions for MSD too. Give it about 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

Just made an account specifically for this thread. Anyone else been accepted?

Yes, I have

Congrats!! Nice to meet you future class mate!!

I was wondering if you or any current students would care to shed some lights on possible living arrangements. I've been in the area and I looked in Hampton and newport news and fell in love with complexes such as Venture and Common wealth, but rent is like 1200 at those places. You add that with a ~300 car payment and ~150 insurance andother expenses you might find yourself in little bit of a financial struggle. I was wondering if any one can speak on the financial aid available and whats affordable in regards to what fin aid is available. I've been down this road and ended up staying in a less than desirable place during undergrad, definitely dont want to make that mistake again as a single female in a completely new state

I was wondering if you or any current students would care to shed some lights on possible living arrangements. I've been in the area and I looked in Hampton and newport news and fell in love with complexes such as Venture and Common wealth, but rent is like 1200 at those places. You add that with a ~300 car payment and ~150 insurance andother expenses you might find yourself in little bit of a financial struggle. I was wondering if any one can speak on the financial aid available and whats affordable in regards to what fin aid is available. I've been down this road and ended up staying in a less than desirable place during undergrad, definitely dont want to make that mistake again as a single female in a completely new state

Naw I haven't gotten that far, I'm still trying to get my vaccinations in order lol. Haven't even thought about all that, little overwhelming when I think about how much I still have to get done:eek:. Still excited to start the next chapter!!

Just out of curiosity, what did your timeline look like from the time you applied to the time you got accepted? I just submitted my online interview last week and am super excited, but anxious!

Just out of curiosity, what did your timeline look like from the time you applied to the time you got accepted? I just submitted my online interview last week and am super excited, but anxious!
Everything for me was about a month. I had everything submitted by mid/late February. Interviewed second week of March and received my acceptance letter Friday evening by mail.

Everything for me was about a month. I had everything submitted by mid/late February. Interviewed second week of March and received my acceptance letter Friday evening by mail.
Wow that's not bad at all! How was the interview? Did you get to tour the school and meet with current students?

Wow that's not bad at all! How was the interview? Did you get to tour the school and meet with current students?
The interview was very laid back and relaxed. I met with Mr. Druitt (very cool dude) for a little bit, then I interviewed with current students. I wasn't given an "official tour" of the campus but Mr. Druitt did show me a few things in addition to me walking around a bit on my own to get a sense of the campus.

Naw I haven't gotten that far, I'm still trying to get my vaccinations in order lol. Haven't even thought about all that, little overwhelming when I think about how much I still have to get done:eek:. Still excited to start the next chapter!!
Yea i maybe jumping the gun a little bit, but like i mentioned before I lived in a not so desirable area during undergrad. Cant underestimate the affect your living arrangements can have on your academic success. One less thing to worry about gives you more time to focus on getting to med school

Hey yall. I’m working on my application now, only thing is I haven’t taken the MCAT or the DAT. I think I’m going to take the DAT late April & that gives it 2 weeks to get there.

Hey yall. I’m working on my application now, only thing is I haven’t taken the MCAT or the DAT. I think I’m going to take the DAT late April & that gives it 2 weeks to get there.
You have until June 1st to have all of your materials submitted, so I think you'll be fine!

Yea i maybe jumping the gun a little bit, but like i mentioned before I lived in a not so desirable area during undergrad. Cant underestimate the affect your living arrangements can have on your academic success. One less thing to worry about gives you more time to focus on getting to med school
i worry about this too, Hampton is definitely not cheap!

There’s a Grad Plus loan available too! A lot of my classmates are doing very well despite the COA at Hampton.