Hampton University's Masters in Medical Science 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSU2DDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am creating this thread so that everyone can post about their progress and (for current or past participants) possibly share what they know about Hampton University's Master in Medical Science program for 2017. I submitted my application about two weeks ago. Has anyone heard anything back? Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I received my online interview about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I just received an interview invite today. Has anyone else heard anything back?

Hey! I received an email about being on the interview list in March!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is! Thanks for starting the 2017 thread! You know anything about the interview?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything specifically about the interview. I talked to Mr. Druitt awhile back and he said the interview would be like the meeting we had which, was pretty laid back but still professional. I really felt welcomed and at home.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hopefully we'll be classmates lol Do you have to travel to the college or are you local?

Oh ok, I'm local. I'm glad I have someone that is going through the process with me.

Last edited:
Same! It's better when we're not alone in a process like this for our careers. Maybe we can link up at the interview.

Same! It's better when we're not alone in a process like this for our careers. Maybe we can link up at the interview.

Are you going into medicine or dentistry? That sounds good. We can pm each other with actual details.

Members don't see this ad :)
Medicine! I should've chosen a cool name like yours lol.

That's what's up! Nooo, my name is just like everyone else's lol I was thinking I should've figured something else out but oh well ‍♀️ What made you choose Hampton and are applying to other programs? I'm applying to this one and I got put in for the Masters at Meharry.

Lol! I chose Hampton because I briefly visited a while ago on leisure and loved it and the fact that it's a program 'for us by us', I want to receive a Master's from an institution that understands and is willing to help me. I'm also applying to local programs. Meharry is a great school too! MS in Public Health?

Lol! I chose Hampton because I briefly visited a while ago on leisure and loved it and the fact that it's a program 'for us by us', I want to receive a Master's from an institution that understands and is willing to help me. I'm also applying to local programs. Meharry is a great school too! MS in Public Health?
Completely understand! There are a couple programs around here that are a year long but they only offer a certificate. I figure if I'm going to pay for extra education, I should get the most for my money you know? Meharry has an unadvertised Masters of Health Sciences Program and its a year long.

Yes, invite only, it sucks for people who want to increase their chances. I put the link to the thread on the 2016 one for Hampton.

Yes, invite only, it sucks for people who want to increase their chances. I put the link to the thread on the 2016 one for Hampton.

I guess they don't want the influx of applications since they are just finishing up with dental school applications. I'm wondering will they let you send an updated personal statement? I think mine sucked and I've since written a really nice one. I'm trying to call and see if they will allow it but no one ever answers-even during the designated times.

Yea that could be true. If you can't get in contact with anyone, maybe mention your updated essay when you arrive or contact by email. I'm sure you did well but who doesn't like an edited version.

Yea that could be true. If you can't get in contact with anyone, maybe mention your updated essay when you arrive or contact by email. I'm sure you did well but who doesn't like an edited version.
Hahaaa, edits work wonders. I was still trying to figure some things out about myself when I wrote my personal statement. I'll try emailing them today. Thanks for the advice!

Hahaaa, edits work wonders. I was still trying to figure some things out about myself when I wrote my personal statement. I'll try emailing them today. Thanks for the advice!

Hey, I found out a little bit about the interview process. I'm getting anxious as the day is approaching lol

Alright cool! What else have you found out? As am I, can't believe it's next Friday!

Hi guys. So I am in the process of applying to this program as well, and I have a question about all the requirements needed to complete the application. Did y'all just send in your payment, official transcript, test scores, letters and personal statement all together in a packet?

Hi guys. So I am in the process of applying to this program as well, and I have a question about all the requirements needed to complete the application. Did y'all just send in your payment, official transcript, test scores, letters and personal statement all together in a packet?

Hey! It doesn't have to be in a package but it would make it easier for the graduate college to process your application at one time. I ordered my transcripts from two schools to be sent and my DAT scores to be sent as well. My letters of recommendation and personal statement were submitted together. Fill out the online application and when you submit it, you'll be asked to for the payment. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I am new to SDN but I also applied to the program and got an online interview. I am so nervous, do you know how long it takes to hear back from them after the online interview?

Hi, I am new to SDN but I also applied to the program and got an online interview. I am so nervous, do you know how long it takes to hear back from them after the online interview?

Don't be nervous, they are really nice people. It took about two weeks from the time I got my online interview to the time I got the interview invite.

Has anyone been accepted yet?

One guy has. Three of us are still waiting. We were told it's a 2-3 week process and we will be contacted by the graduate college about our acceptance status.

In the process of applying!

Hey, do you think I should email Dr. Druitt because I have not heard from them and it is has been 2weeks and some days.

Hey, do you think I should email Dr. Druitt because I have not heard from them and it is has been 2weeks and some days.
No harm in sending an email, did you send one? if so, have you gotten a response?

Considering applying here. What are the interviews like? Also does anyone know the estimated COA? Thanks.

Last edited:
Considering applying here. What are the interviews like? Also does anyone know the estimated COA? Thanks.

The interview was set in two phases, one on one with advisor and panel of current students. Like previously mentioned it was laid back yet professional, everyone from the students to faculty were friendly and helpful, seemed down to earth. COA not exactly sure but maybe this helps Hampton University Graduate College :: Tuition & Fees

No harm in sending an email, did you send one? if so, have you gotten a response?
I am waiting until the end of this week and if I do not hear from them, I will send an email on Monday.

Does anyone know how competitive this program is? Or how many applicants they get a year and the acceptance rate?

Does anyone know how competitive this program is? Or how many applicants they get a year and the acceptance rate?

They accept about 20 students per class each cycle.

So is the online interview a Skype interview?

Hello I'm new to the forum I just applied. Does anyone know if the mcat plays a big role in acceptance?

There's no minimum score according to their website. You just have to have taken the test.

There's no minimum score according to their website. You just have to have taken the test.

Alright. I took the old mcat a few years ago and to say that I did horrible is an understatement (low teens) so I figured I would sign up to retake the new exam but since there is no minimum and my test is next month I'm stressing out about having a more decent score. I don't know the average amount of applications they get a year but anything Pre-Med is always extremely competitive .

Alright. I took the old mcat a few years ago and to say that I did horrible is an understatement (low teens) so I figured I would sign up to retake the new exam but since there is no minimum and my test is next month I'm stressing out about having a more decent score. I don't know the average amount of applications they get a year but anything Pre-Med is always extremely competitive .

Don't stress, just try to study up as much as you can and improve, even if it's only by a point or two. I'd say you should still put your application in.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still waiting to know if you got the campus interview or not.

For anyone who has already been accepted to this program, would you mind sharing your stats please?

For anyone who has already been accepted to this program, would you mind sharing your stats please?

I'm waitlisted but my stats are 3.1 GPA and 16 DAT. I've been a dental assistant for 3 years.