Employment & Professional Networking Hand Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beestrng

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We got any hand therapists or any students interested in hands?

From what I hear pay is more but any other bits of info for potential hand therapists?

Go for "residency" or do it old school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm personally was looking at residency in general and it does not seem too popular so there is not many who experienced with it. To my knowledge, residency provide fast track experience but wage is generally less than what entry level graduate makes. It's not all about the money but something to consider.

My professor is hand specialized in terms of skills without the CHT. She decided to go for her PhD instead. If you're good- the referrals will keep coming. You may need to consider the number of CHT within your geographic area - many or not. I also have a friend that is a new grad working at a hand clinic since that is her passion. She will be able to take the test in five years.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought the pay was basically the same compared to 'regular' OT's. I think maybe they may make like 5K more, not much though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the pay was basically the same compared to 'regular' OT's. I think maybe they may make like 5K more, not much though.
CHT'

Significantly more than 5k for sure. I volunteered / observed 70+ hours with a CHT

In my native state its $45 to $48 for 'regular' OTs and $54 for CHT. Obv spoken to people who are comfortable speaking about it and only 5 people lol. All w2.

Oh man I thought 5 years just doing anything OT lol.