happiest residents

Started by Fable
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fable

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To all the current residents and 4th years who just finished the interview trail:
Which programs have the best balance of being great academically and having a "benign" mentality? I am a current third year going into radiology and hope that I can get a residency where the program has excellent teaching, but does not put tremendous pressure on the residents. I want to do research, but not have it forced upon me. Any suggestions on where I should start to look (or not look)?
Thanks!
 
The Brigham and Hopkins had the happiest residents and best atmosphere of the elite programs
 
top 15 med school, 200 boards step 1 avg clinicals ...

any shot for me? hhaa i love these questions

gs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BWH, U Mich (req research but benign atmosphere), U Chicago, U Wisconsin, Mayo Rochester. Those are some of the places that I visited and can vouch for fitting your criteria.

Im sure there are a bunch of others but those are the ones that I know for sure...
 
tigershark said:
The Brigham and Hopkins had the happiest residents and best atmosphere of the elite programs
I'll second this. The residents at MIR stand out in my mind as being worked really hard. It's part of the culture at MIR, but I didn't think I wanted to 'learn' to view Saturday as a workday.
 
Gumshoe said:
top 15 med school, 200 boards step 1 avg clinicals ...

any shot for me? hhaa i love these questions

gs


Study your a** off for step 2 and take it so that it gets reported after ERAS goes live so you can choose or not to submit it. I bumped up 14 pts. My friend bumped up 36!

You can do eeet!
 
Fable said:
To all the current residents and 4th years who just finished the interview trail:
Which programs have the best balance of being great academically and having a "benign" mentality? I am a current third year going into radiology and hope that I can get a residency where the program has excellent teaching, but does not put tremendous pressure on the residents. I want to do research, but not have it forced upon me. Any suggestions on where I should start to look (or not look)?
Thanks!


Stanford! The happiest residents I met on the trail, in a great location, at a top tier residency. Would have ranked it first if not for my family being on the east coast.