D
da8s0859q
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, every now and again, threads pop up (like this one) talking about being happy in our specialty.
My first job out is in a pretty busy place -- one where seeing 3-4 pph, including resident/midlevel oversight, happens with some regularity. Some of the docs in my group routinely do 5-6 pph.
Maybe it's just because I'm working a lot and am too perfectionistic for my own good, or maybe it's because there are things I want to do recreation-wise that I haven't done yet but reasonably could, but I'm getting a little too short-tempered and cranky in the department.
For those of you at this point or farther down the road, what adjustments did you make as a new attending that made you happier?
My first job out is in a pretty busy place -- one where seeing 3-4 pph, including resident/midlevel oversight, happens with some regularity. Some of the docs in my group routinely do 5-6 pph.
Maybe it's just because I'm working a lot and am too perfectionistic for my own good, or maybe it's because there are things I want to do recreation-wise that I haven't done yet but reasonably could, but I'm getting a little too short-tempered and cranky in the department.
For those of you at this point or farther down the road, what adjustments did you make as a new attending that made you happier?
Last edited by a moderator: