Happy 1st of the year!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To my retail peeps,

Pharmacy is utterly chaotic. We are doing 500 scripts and still leaving 100 in queue. Phone is ringing off the hook. Dr offices are flooding queue with e-scripts. Lines are mile long despite two folks at the register all the time. Every other customer is an insurance issue.

We are getting poor surveys because of long wait times. And to rub salt on the wound, our hours are getting cut.

Gotta love this time of the year! How are you folks handling this?

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
Today is the 7th.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was the NPS hit that bad? 50th percentile is like 75 NPS (many high scoring stores are small-format).

I've seen as low as 22 YTD (bottom 0.1% percentile)

They want the DE rate to be above 40% but then again there are the other 60% who are illiterate, plus there are always transfers, problem scripts etc.

Truth is if you can type and deal with all the insurance as a pharmacist, it is not "that bad," but who exactly is capable of that (aside from me)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hang in there. The first few months are going to be rough. You will have transfers in/out, new insurances, formulary changes, prior auths, and you may even have to train new team members at the same time. Do your best, do what you can, and you will (eventually) make it. You may get a few survey hits and some people may even leave, but every retail pharmacy is going through some form of it.

Was the NPS hit that bad? 50th percentile is like 75 NPS (many high scoring stores are small-format).

I've seen as low as 22 YTD (bottom 0.1% percentile)

They want the DE rate to be above 40% but then again there are the other 60% who are illiterate, plus there are always transfers, problem scripts etc.

Truth is if you can type and deal with all the insurance as a pharmacist, it is not "that bad," but who exactly is capable of that (aside from me)

Out NPS was 75. But in last few weeks it has dropped to almost 70.

Pharmacists at our store have to do lot more than just rph work ie. answering the phones, bagging and typing. But sometimes it gets out of hand when you get 400 NEW prescriptions that have to be typed (not all of them due to auto-populated sig but still great deal) and verified.

The other day we had 319 inputs on the same day (cleared it all of course) and we are not even mid-volume. Such is the nature of working in an AmeriCorps-serviced, low-IQ populated area with a lot of people spamming EDs and urgent care and overburdened FQHCs and a few private practitioners insane enough to still take Medicaid pts.

WTG Walmart. It's what you wanted right. Capture that EBT demographic

Pharmacy is loosing money. We will just play our role as an ancillary service provider for the store. All they care about is getting foot traffic (that’s why they don’t have drive-through. They want people to come in.)

If this wasn’t the case, they would happily shut down the pharmacy tomorrow. And I stopped arguing with Medicaid patients. Oh you picked up the medication and now want to return it? Sure why not? It’s not my money at the end of the day and it’s not worth my time arguing with these people.

Drive thru exists at some Supercenters.

One reason to put your foot down and set boundaries is to discourage these degenerate trash from pulling this **** elsewhere.

Pharmacy is loosing money. We will just play our role as an ancillary service provider for the store. All they care about is getting foot traffic (that’s why they don’t have drive-through. They want people to come in.)

If this wasn’t the case, they would happily shut down the pharmacy tomorrow. And I stopped arguing with Medicaid patients. Oh you picked up the medication and now want to return it? Sure why not? It’s not my money at the end of the day and it’s not worth my time arguing with these people.

Medicaid is a 0 dollar copay... do they want cash back? Or do they just want you to take the drug back?

Instead I would just tell them to keep it. It’s not like it put anyone out..