urge

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Food for thought:

How come we only get a day and nurses get a week?

Gimlet

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Food for thought:

How come we only get a day and nurses get a week?
Here are my thoughts from last year's Doctor's Day thread:

I wish they didn't celebrate this BS for doctors....it's bad enough that RNs get a Nurse Appreciation Week and every midlevel provider gets a day or week dedicated to them as well. Just more of the 'everbody gets a gold star' mentality that seems to permeate healthcare (and the rest of the world) these days. [/crotchety]
FWIW, I spent Doctor's Day this year hopefully not failing Step 3. So I guess it was an appropriate activity given the holiday. Don't want to have to do that one again!

G0S2

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Can't complain here. Nice laptop bag by the admin, $50 at Best Buy from a raffle and the nurses dropped off a cake and bucket full of snacks.

Ginz20

Ginz20
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2000
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
All I want for Doctor Day is to NOT get worthless phone calls @ 3AM from the nursing staff on the floor........did I mention that intern year sucks!

geauxg8rs

10+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
You guys are forgetting all of the other nurses days and weeks that they celebrate. There are day/weeks to celebrate "nurses", "ICU Nurses", "Recovery Room Nurses", and the ever present "large bottom, white coat wearin, and clip board carryin Nurses day". Do not forget cards for all of these Hallmark days.