Happy Doctor's Day!

Started by urge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

urge

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Food for thought:

How come we only get a day and nurses get a week?
 
Food for thought:

How come we only get a day and nurses get a week?

Here are my thoughts from last year's Doctor's Day thread:

I wish they didn't celebrate this BS for doctors....it's bad enough that RNs get a Nurse Appreciation Week and every midlevel provider gets a day or week dedicated to them as well. Just more of the 'everbody gets a gold star' mentality that seems to permeate healthcare (and the rest of the world) these days. [/crotchety]

FWIW, I spent Doctor's Day this year hopefully not failing Step 3. So I guess it was an appropriate activity given the holiday. Don't want to have to do that one again!
 
Can't complain here. Nice laptop bag by the admin, $50 at Best Buy from a raffle and the nurses dropped off a cake and bucket full of snacks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All I want for Doctor Day is to NOT get worthless phone calls @ 3AM from the nursing staff on the floor........did I mention that intern year sucks!
 
You guys are forgetting all of the other nurses days and weeks that they celebrate. There are day/weeks to celebrate "nurses", "ICU Nurses", "Recovery Room Nurses", and the ever present "large bottom, white coat wearin, and clip board carryin Nurses day". Do not forget cards for all of these Hallmark days.