Happy New Year Guys!! Can I get some advice please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supaflyz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey can I ask you a question. I've been trying to ask this question for awhile but never got a clear answer. Does the number of years it take you to get your bachelors and prerequisites done for dental school affect your chance of getting into one? I ask this because I keep reading about graduating on time. My first 2 years of college I didn't have a car which sucks. My mom didn't have enough to buy me and my brother a car, so I had to carpool with my friend. Basically I had to take the same classes he took. Fortunately some of the classes counted towards my core classes. So I wasted like 6 classes that didn't count towards my bachelors in biology or dental prereqs. However, I got all A's on them. I spent 3 1/2 years at my community college. I took biol 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2, and phys 1 and 2 there. The credits do transfer to my university, and the university advisors told me they do transfer it to dental school By the time I finish with my bachelors and pre reqs its going to take me 5 1/2 maybe 6 years. My overall GPA right now is 3.6 and science gpa 2.9. I'm trying to boost my science GPA up more. I also haven't done any shadowing or community service. However, both of my cousisn are dentist so I can get the shadowing hours out of the way in the summer. Do you think I have a good chance of entering dental school eventhough it takes me longer to graduate? I also have 2 C in physics 1 and 2, and 3 W. Please give me some honest info.

Members don't see this ad.