Happy Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

Started by gohogwild
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gohogwild

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today I give thanks to the mental health professionals who support the LGBTQ+ community. I'm transgender and my life was made better by my own allied psychologist.

I hope you all get a chance to celebrate- Pride is for everyone!

And also because:
giphy.gif
 
Today I give thanks to the mental health professionals who support the LGBTQ+ community. I'm transgender and my life was made better by my own allied psychologist.

I hope you all get a chance to celebrate- Pride is for everyone!

And also because:
View attachment 387457
Heck yes!

I just hit 5 years on HRT this summer. I also owe huge thanks to the psychologist I was seeing at the time (some 6 years ago) who performed evidence-based psychotherapy. That's something that drew me to the field, everyone deserves a competent mental health provider that follows the science.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heck yes!

I just hit 5 years on HRT this summer. I also owe huge thanks to the psychologist I was seeing at the time (some 6 years ago) who performed evidence-based psychotherapy. That's something that drew me to the field, everyone deserves a competent mental health provider that follows the science.
Woah! That's awesome. Happy to know you're around. I also hit 5 years this past January! And yes, EBPs & WPATH standards of care 🙂
 
I had one of those funny life moments where everything feels connected. I got a recommendation for a new YouTube channel by Matt Bernstein. I started watching it and really enjoyed it. The episode I watched had a delightful guest on it and she has a podcast. I started listening to the podcast and the co-host sounded VERY familiar. It turns out he is the co-host of another podcast I listen to called If Books Could Kill. The new podcast is Maintenance Phase. The newest episodes are about gender affirming care. I recommend everything I've mentioned in this post. Enjoy!
 
I had one of those funny life moments where everything feels connected. I got a recommendation for a new YouTube channel by Matt Bernstein. I started watching it and really enjoyed it. The episode I watched had a delightful guest on it and she has a podcast. I started listening to the podcast and the co-host sounded VERY familiar. It turns out he is the co-host of another podcast I listen to called If Books Could Kill. The new podcast is Maintenance Phase. The newest episodes are about gender affirming care. I recommend everything I've mentioned in this post. Enjoy!
I like If Books Could Kill. I'll have to check out Maintenance Phase.