Happy Thanksgiving!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnightDoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about things I am thankful for this year, as we approach the second anniversary of the pandemic. Besides the health of my family and myself, I really am thankful for having this place as an outlet, especially during the shutdown.

The staff really does a great a job keeping the site running, and shielding us all from spam, trolling, abusive posts, etc. As someone whose posts generate a disproportionate amount of complaints (both deserved and undeserved), I realized I generate more than my fair share of work, and take for granted the time and effort the staff devotes to this site. Thanksgiving seems as good a time as any to publicly express appreciation.

Congratulations to everyone whose hard work has resulted in success so far. Everyone else really does need to hang in. None of us is going to turn into a pumpkin on Friday if we don't have any IIs, the number of IIs we thought we'd have, any As, or As at the schools we really wanted. It's no longer early, but the cycle REALLY isn't over. IIs are already starting to slow down, but they will continue to go out. At some schools, until February or March.

In hindsight, as much as I sometimes butt heads with @gonnif over his continually pointing out the schools' omnipotence in the sellers' market, his repeated admonitions that we are all rejected until informed otherwise turned out to be pure gold. I did not structure my year solely with that in mind, but, given that I currently don't have as many IIs as at many of my preferred destinations as I had hoped, I am very happy that I have been continuously engaged in activities since last spring that will indeed serve me well if I end up being a reapplicant. Thanksgiving really is the perfect time for anyone who cannot say that to start doing something other than feeling bad for themselves while hoping they don't have to reapply next year.

No matter what, I really urge anyone who is less than thrilled with their results to date to not allow it to ruin their holiday. This s#!t is HARD! Given the low overall acceptance rate, everyone who has made it to completing applications has something to be proud of, and nothing to feel badly about or apologize for if they are not successful. Don't allow overbearing parents, other relatives, friends, coworkers, etc. whose expectations don't align with 2021 realities to alter that reality for you! And, Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Happy Thanksgiving!🦃

Reactions: 1 users