hard to find a doctor to shadow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDyoucantseeme

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my friend is an MD who offered to let me shadow him. I am fairly certain I will apply to ABSN programs not medical school. Will shadowing a dr help me with nursing applications - if he writes a letter of rec

Members don't see this ad.

my friend is an MD who offered to let me shadow him. I am fairly certain I will apply to ABSN programs not medical school. Will shadowing a dr help me with nursing applications - if he writes a letter of rec

I am guessing but it wouldn't hurt but I am not to sure it would help either. So far in my short journey I have noticed that a Nurse and a Doctor are at two ends of the spectrum like a rock and a steak.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am guessing but it wouldn't hurt but I am not to sure it would help either. So far in my short journey I have noticed that a Nurse and a Doctor are at two ends of the spectrum like a rock and a steak.

:thumbup:

I doubt it will be very helpful

why not say thanks for the offer but then explain you're interested in the field of nursing and see if he knows anyone that would be willing to let you get some experience with them