Hardest D.O. school to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbth77

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what school do you think is a school no one can be sure that they will get into?

Members don't see this ad.

dbth77 said:
what school do you think is a school no one can be sure that they will get into?
Ummm, the one you don't apply to...

Anyways, I assume you mean the hardest to get an acceptance to. (ugh, terrible grammar) Based upon GPA and MCAT.
Well, Touro at Mare Island has the highest scores. WesternU, CCOM, PCOM, KCOM, and DMUCOM seem to be very up there as well. For the public schools you have to consider that out-of-state students need significantly higher stats because of the reduced number of seats for non-residents. MSUCOM is difficult for this reason, same with TCOM and OSUCOM.
Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
UMDNJ-SOM is not that easy to get in. Apparently out of 3000 applications they receive, they only send out 400 secondaries, interview 200, and accept 150 for a class size of 100.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
UMDNJ-SOM is not that easy to get in. Apparently out of 3000 applications they receive, they only send out 400 secondaries, interview 200, and accept 150 for a class size of 100.
I completely forgot UMDNJ. It's a fantastic school, pretty much where I would have gone if MSUCOM hadn't worked out. I interviewed there even though I already had my acceptance to MSU I thought it was so good. The small class size and great atmosphere were tops in my book. MSU's clinicals seemed a bit stronger to me, with 12 affiliated hospitals including some of the largest osteopathic centers in the US. UMDNJ, however, is one of the only DO schools with a primary teaching hospital on campus. A definite advantage.

EMT2ER-DOC said:

Can anyone back this information? I'm especially interested in the number of secondaries they send out from 3000 applications.

EMT2ER-DOC said:

Can anyone back this information? I'm especially interested in the number of secondaries they send out from the 3000 applications. Thank you.

To EMT2ER-DOC-
I just want someone to confirm your information. I do not mean to offend you.

FutureDocDO said:
Can anyone back this information? I'm especially interested in the number of secondaries they send out from the 3000 applications. Thank you.

To EMT2ER-DOC-
I just want someone to confirm your information. I do not mean to offend you.

You could also contact the school yourself to get that information...

UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine
Admissions Office, Suite 210, Academic Center
One Medical Center Drive
Stratford, New Jersey 08084-1501
Phone: (856) 566-7050
Fax: (856) 566-6895
E-mail: [email protected]

Those numbers are about the same as we were told in orientation. They told our class that only 5% of the 2500 that applied made it in. Only 4 people from the waitlist were moved to accept positions and we have the largest class ever, finally breaking the 100 mark. We have 100 students.