hardest month for mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngrace

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are the hardest months for taking the mcat? i don't mean material-wise, but i hear the curve is a bit uglier some months than others. does anyone know? thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The curve is pretty much independent of the month. The curve is dependent on how everyone does a whole; therefore if the test was really hard they scale the scores appropriately. Of course difficulty can be judged in a multitude of ways

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guy. i know the curve is independent of the month technically, but there are certain months where people are more prepared and thus the curve is higher than it would generally be. for instance, someone told me that september was one of the harder months, since the summer crammers all try to pile it in before school starts. are there any other months like that? (thanks john for the march suggest!)

I'd recommend taking it whenever best suits your schedule - there will probably be equal proportions of smart and less smart crammers in september - and smart and less smart people probably take it in equal proportions in March also.

I think you'd best schedule it when you're at the your personal smartest - maybe during winter break, when things are still fresh, or in the summer when you've been out in the sun and relaxed. But hey, that's just me :D