Harding University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Humming89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Just wanted to know if anybody here was with me at the Harding University Interview on Friday. How did you all think we did? You think we got in? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I was there. Considering there was only 10 of us there, that's probably a good thing. The admissions staff were very nice and friendly. I definitely felt welcomed. Hopefully we'll find out if we get in soon.

i was supposed to interview with you guys but i postponed it for a later date since finals were the following week...
so how was it? how's the campus? what about city life?
was it a group interview or one on one?

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview process was very laid back. There was one on one interview as well as a small group interview. It was about 10 of us and they splitted us into 3 groups. The campus is small but very nice. I felt a sense of community. As far as the city of Searcy is concerned, it seemed like the city is one big street with everything you'll need on that street. A handful of independent pharmacies are nearby, which is a good thing.

anybody going for their interview this friday??? i will see ya there...​

Hi,

I have an interview coming up soon. I was wondering...what did you do to prepare for it? How was the group interview like? What were there some difficult questions asked? Did all the interviews consist of 10 applicants?

Thank you very much.

my interview group on feb. 8th had about 15-20 people at it... they said they were going to interview about 30-45 more during their final two interview sessions...

the interview is VERY laid back, and the faculty are ridiculously nice...

they asked ethical questions in the group interview like "what if you caught someone cheating... or someone stealing pills"...

i got accepted and the campus is in the middle of nowhere but i am VERY excited to find out who all got accepted as well and will be my future classmates!

Wow! Congrats!!

Yeah, even though the interview is suppose to be laid back, I can't help feeling a bit nervous. Already messed up on one interview.:(

your welcome man... they are just starting out with the school so they are kinda trying to figure out what they are looking for too, ya know? but anyways, just be ready to be yourself, be genuine, and RELAX... my 1 on 1 was more of a conversation than an actual interview! good luck bud and maybe i will see you in august!

tell cameron (whom i think will be your tour guide) that the guy from faulkner said hello

Can anyone that received an acceptance letter tell me how long it took after the interview to receive it? I have an interview this Friday.

i got a phone call telling me that i was accepted... my interview was on a friday and my phone call was not the following monday but the next monday... so about ten days later... i still have yet to get my official acceptance letter in the mail... oh well...

good luck man!

Hi,

I know I was told to relax, but I cannot help but feeling nervous the closer the interview day approaches--which is this Friday. Did anyone prepare for their interview? And if so, how? Thanks ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
i prepared by going to the SDN "likely interview questions" site and i practiced being calm and answering eloquently and smoothly... i promise that the interviewers are going to want to know about YOU and why they should pick you over everybody else... STAND OUT and SELL YOURSELF!!! in group interviews, just be calm, logical, and HONEST... work well with the others in your group and just make good contributions to the intelligent discussion which will likely be "what if you caught someone cheating or stealing pills?"

just be yourself and sell your strengths and make them know that it's something that you are DETERMINED to do and you should be FINE!

good luck man... let me know how it goes

Anyone interviewing end of march!?!?!?

i am. march 28th, i think.

yay!
what do you think our chances are

When I scheduled my interview I had to pick between today or the last day and Ms. Kell said not to worry - there would still be spots open. But she didn't say how many.

Hey guys, I was at the interview on the 29th. The school was very nice and the faculty did a great job in making everyone feel at home. I think that we all did well in the orientation and everyone in my group interview did a great job. I was the North Carolina Girl, where were you guys from?

Hey guys, I was at the interview on the 29th. The school was very nice and the faculty did a great job in making everyone feel at home. I think that we all did well in the orientation and everyone in my group interview did a great job. I was the North Carolina Girl, where were you guys from?

I was interviewed at the same day! The campus is really impressive and also the faculties! Have you heard anything from them already? It's definately my first choice right now after the interview, so I'm so nervous!

BTW, I'm the Asian girl like X-file. Do you remember me?

Yeah, I remember you. I am sure you did well. Me...on the other hand...well...I think I rambled too much. I am the other Asian girl--the one who could not decide which sitcom I liked the best. I did not hear back from them either. Starting to get really nervous. I don't think I did as good on the interview as I could have. I guess I'll find out some time this week.

Yeah, I remember you. I am sure you did well. Me...on the other hand...well...I think I rambled too much. I am the other Asian girl--the one who could not decide which sitcom I liked the best. I did not hear back from them either. Starting to get really nervous. I don't think I did as good on the interview as I could have. I guess I'll find out some time this week.

Yes, I remember you. The waiting is really really:scared::scared::scared:

Where were you guys from? What state I mean? One of you likes X-files, I think you were sitting on the opposite side of me. One of you could not decide and I think you were on the same side of the table but further down from me. Tell me what state you came from and I will know exactly who you are. Were either of you in my group interview? I think everyone in my group interview did well.

I have not heard and the girl that sat next to me that was from Texas has not heard anything. You guys say you have not heard either, so they just have not contacted us yet. I will post here on SDN as soon as I know something. If you guys hear anything please post for the rest of us, all of this waiting is wearing me down. I really enjoyed my time at the campus and I would love for all of us to end up back there in August together....

I'm from Iowa. In my group,there were four girls. I remembered a girl from Alabama and another Asian girl from Boston. Are you the fourth? Hopfully we all have good luck.:):):) Actually, everyone in my group did good work. I was a little nervous at the beginn;);)ing.

who has gotten accepted so far and what day did you interview??? i was there on the Feb. 8th day and just wondered who from there is still waiting to hear or already knows...

good luck to all!

I think the girl from Alabama was next to me and she described herself as "loves to talk". I still have not heard anything. I am getting a bit stressed because I have an interview in California on the 19th. The longer I wait, the more expensive the flight will be to book. I am not sure how long I should wait....

I think the girl from Alabama was next to me and she described herself as "loves to talk". I still have not heard anything. I am getting a bit stressed because I have an interview in California on the 19th. The longer I wait, the more expensive the flight will be to book. I am not sure how long I should wait....

Maybe you can try to book the ticket from studentuniverse.com. If you want to cancel the ticket, they will charge you $75 and refund you the rest.

Good luck to everyone!:):):)

One of the interviewees that was there with us at the interview session (the girl from Texas) got accepted today by mail, so keep an eye on your mail boxes and let me know what happens......

Can not believe it!!! I got in!!! So excited when my husband opened the envelop!!!
Just cancelled another two interviews because I love Harding more!!!:):):)
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I got an acceptance letter today, also. I am excited and ready to get rolling, to bad we got to wait till fall. Now I don't have to go to that Touro interview. Thanks for telling me about the site though, I can definitely use it in the future. Congrats to goPharmgo!!! I will see you in the fall.

where are all you acceptees from and what can you tell me about yourself? i am looking forward to meeting all of you and going through the four-year gauntlet together!

i will start. im from alabama, am 23, and love concerts and sports...

Hey everyone! I just interviewed today. I believe I had the most enjoyable interview possible. Everyone is so nice and down to Earth. I'm glad that I applied. Great people and great school.

Hello!! I Interviewed today too! Everyone including faculty AND my fellow applicants were super nice. It would be SOOO fantastic if we could all get in!

Where are you from superdeezy? I'm from OK. I hope that we get some good news!

Hi there. Just wanted to know if anybody here was with me at the Harding University Interview on Friday. How did you all think we did? You think we got in? Thanks. :)
HAHA i know someone goin there and Im hoping to go there myself
Im already goin to the college, but I heard the pharmacy college will be amazing

Hey everyone! I just interviewed today. I believe I had the most enjoyable interview possible. Everyone is so nice and down to Earth. I'm glad that I applied. Great people and great school.

Hey PharmQuah and Deezy,
I was there on friday as well...and was blown away with how nice everyone was. Those 9, potentially more, seats make me a little uneasy though. Guess we can only wait n see!

hey Tooth paste! Were you from University of Pacific? If so, I sat next to you during the writing portion of the interview. I hope things go well for us! Did you apply anywhere else? Hope to see you in the fall. Adcom meets on Tuesday and people should know things in a week or so!

SuperDeezy, Wasn't there two people from San Diego? Which one were you? I agree, ALL of the fellow students there were extremely cool as well as the faculty. It would be sweet to attend there! Did you or will you interview anywhere else?

hey everyone, I just wanted to keep this thread alive. I was told that we should know of our status within a week of the interview. I'm so excited I can hardly focus!

hey Tooth paste! Were you from University of Pacific? If so, I sat next to you during the writing portion of the interview. I hope things go well for us! Did you apply anywhere else? Hope to see you in the fall. Adcom meets on Tuesday and people should know things in a week or so!

Hey PharmTheQuah,
Yep thats me....guess the dentistry link kinda gave me away. I also applied at UAMS in Little Rock,AR. What about u? Now its all the waiting game....just seems like there are so many qualified applicants for so few slots, a bit hard to mess up too badly in that type of interview too. Good luck to you...hope to hear some good news for both us in the coming week.

Tooth paste, it was a great day at the interview. I applied at 5 other schools but only interviewed at 1 other school (OU). Harding is a great school and it is beautiful over there in Searcy. I head admissions committee was going to meet yesterday so I hope we get some good news soon!

Hey guys, I just got the call and I'm in. I hope my fellow interviewees get the same! See you in the fall.

Congrats Tahlequah!! :D I know you were really excited about getting in, so I'm super happy for you! BTW, I'm the girl who went to school in Edmond.

I got a message today, but it just said to call her back, and I didn't get it until 5:30, so I'll call tomorrow. Did anyone get a phone call that said, "Sorry, you're rejected?" or "Here's where you rank on our waitlist?"

Because as much as I'd like to think phone call = acceptance and start celebrating, it would suck to call tomorrow and get one of the other responses. :)

Think positively Redley! I'll probably be in Edmond this weekend celebrating with the in-laws!!!

Congrats tooth paste! Can't wait for the FALL!