Harris teeter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Harris teeter? The pharmacy recruiter told me pharmacist pay is salary at $104k a year. How is the working condition?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about Harris teeter? The pharmacy recruiter told me pharmacist pay is salary at $104k a year. How is the working condition?

Very good, no drive through, looks slow every time I buy groceries there. You're getting less than say a WG or CVS offer from what I gather that friends are making, but it will more than make up for it in reduced stress IMO; Although you probably want to ask some peeps that know the stores/work there what the conditions are actually like, bcuz I know some people that work at 'slower' places and it is actually more hectic b/c there is not any support staff. Also may want to see how stable the chain is/whether they may be wanting to get out of or reduce their presence in the pharmacy game (as some grocery stores have done)

Dude you just said Harris Teeter. Any company with a name that cool must be a thumbs up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude you just said Harris Teeter. Any company with a name that cool must be a thumbs up.

I've always found the name Piggly Wiggly amusing too.

I live in Hy-Vee land, and at my contract job last summer, I brought in some plastic silverware of this store brand, and one of my techs said, "What the %^&* is Hy-Vee?" This job was in an area without Hy-Vee, and the tech had never heard of this chain. The nearest store was about 100 miles from that town.

I've always found the name Piggly Wiggly amusing too.

I live in Hy-Vee land, and at my contract job last summer, I brought in some plastic silverware of this store brand, and one of my techs said, "What the %^&* is Hy-Vee?" This job was in an area without Hy-Vee, and the tech had never heard of this chain. The nearest store was about 100 miles from that town.

My guess is that you're in Iowa/Nebraska b/c those are the only Midwest states I can think of that you'd have as hard a time finding something as you did as those states have an abnormally high pharmacy school to population ratio

Just wanted to give an update that as of this year (2015 graduate), Harris Teeter offers have been $102-108k, with a guaranteed $6000 yearly bonus. You are hired on as a "graduate intern" after graduation but prior to licensure, working 30 hours a week at 50% of salary pay until you are licensed. They do not negotiate, they are aware they pay lower than other retail chains, and believe their other conditions more than make up for that.

My guess is that you're in Iowa/Nebraska b/c those are the only Midwest states I can think of that you'd have as hard a time finding something as you did as those states have an abnormally high pharmacy school to population ratio
also Hy-vee is only located in the midwest - so very good assumption :)

I live in Harris Teeter land, typical grocery store chain, I work with several ex-harris teeter pharmacists, it is better than chain, but not as nice as hospital according to them

I used to work at a Harris Teeter in my pre-pharm days...what I saw was one tech one pharmacist, 9-5 hours, and literally NO ONE ever at the counter. I would see the rph walking around the aisles sometimes lol..