hartcourt practice test stuck!!??!

Started by jccrew
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jccrew

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i was going to take a full hartcourt test in one setting this morning. and then when i was 6 questions into reading, the test froze and would not let me go on to the next question (internet is totally fine tho). so i logged out and now i can't log back in anymore!? aaah! so much for taking it in one setting. is this happening to anyone else or am i just the lucky one?
 
oh no i can still take it since i didn't score it. i was finally able to log back in but the reading section is going soooo slow. i literally have to pause the time between every question because it takes FOREVER to load the next question. it's getting really annoying b/c i wanted to take it under a real pcat setting. apparently that's not happening. im starting to wonder if it's b/c a lot of people are taking it during this time so it slows the system. uggghhh
 
it has been slow all day. I've been trying to review from the test I took yesterday and I keep getting error messages and taking minutes to change between questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea i called in and asked and they said their practice test site was down.

I asked if we could get a refund for the tests since theyre not being very helpful right now (i was going to take it in one go also) and the lady told me "its to be determined".
 
please provide an update on the test site.. i don't want to pay for the practice test if I can't even take it before the August PCAT
 
Its up and down. It stopped for about 15 minutes half way through my verbal ability section. After it came up again, I was able to finish VA and biology without much problems (although still very slow to load the next question - think of it as a simulation of bubbling!!).

Now I am 10 questions in the chemistry section and the site is down again. The timer still runs throughout the down time. Needless to say, the timer is absolutely useless. You won't get a real PCAT experience this way.

EDIT: Still dead. And losing some of my saved answers. I'm done with this for now, I'll try again when everyone is asleep. Takes between 10-30 seconds to load the next question.
 
Last edited:
omg im so sick of it. not only do you have to have the patience to wait for each prob to load when you are taking it...you have to wait for each prob to load again when you are going back to review. they better fix it soon as my patience level is not very high and it's just wasting my time.
 
I feel everyone's frustration. I am trying to take the test too, and as soon as I click "resume test" it's frozen. Can't get past the first question! 😡

This is adding to my anxiety about Saturday!!! :scared:

Please update if there's any new info about the website problem.
 
So do they plan on fixing the website any time today? Missing out on an entire day of study is a bit ridiculous, especially something I paid nearly $60 for.
 
It was working at around 5:30pm/6:00pm central standard time. I didn't have time to complete it though... I'm not sure if it's still up and running.
 
"This website is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please check back later today. Thank you for your patience."



KAJSDFL;KAJF;L JKSD;FKLJADS;FLKJAS;LFKJOWTIAJLKJALSDKFJ


you would think that they would plan ahead for issues such as a lot of people using this service RIGHT NOW considering the test is 3 days away!!!!


routine maintenance? seriously?
 
"This website is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please check back later today. Thank you for your patience."



KAJSDFL;KAJF;L JKSD;FKLJADS;FLKJAS;LFKJOWTIAJLKJALSDKFJ


you would think that they would plan ahead for issues such as a lot of people using this service RIGHT NOW considering the test is 3 days away!!!!


routine maintenance? seriously?

That's unbelievable. I think they owe everyone a refund.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called and they said the site is down due to the hurricane in Florida. Sooooo the best thing they can do is get my info and call me back, hopefully concerning getting my money back!!!
 
I just called to and the entire server is down because of the hurricane in Florida (yeah what he^ said)

They don't know the date of when it will be up again.

They are "DEFINITELY" going to be issuing refunds because of this inconvenience. unless... they fix it within the next couple minutes
 
Arg well its a good thing I also signed up for October (you never know what else could go wrong). I just hope the Kaplan Final Test is similar to the real test.

I was really hoping to take the practice test before the actual test. Next time I'll have to take it a week before the October one, unless I do really well on the August one.
 
Last edited:
i called. they said that they don't know what they are gonna do for sure yet and it will depend on individual cases. individual cases?? wth
 
I just called too, and I was told that the practice test site should be up and running "tonight or tomorrow morning."


Lets keep our fingers crossed!!

🙄
 
Luckily I finished one test and got to review my answers. I really planned on taking the second test tomorrow and have the day off Friday. I guess that may not happen after all...
 
this is annoying!!!!
i've taken one exam...but i still need to take the 2nd one 😡
AND
i need to print my admission ticket 😡 😡 😡
(curse you harcourt🙁)
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH😱😱😱!!!!!!!!! I WAS GETTING READY TO PRINT OUT MY ADMISSION TICKET AND THE HARCOURT PAGE IS DOWN. CAN IT GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS????????????????😡😡
 
Hey guys, I just checked the site and it seems to be up and running again... 🙂 at least for me, I hope it is for you guys too!!

Good luck studying! only a few more days to go!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, I just wanted to share my story with you guys.

I called yesterday and asked if they were going to issue refunds for this inconvience and they said "that decision will be made tomorrow(thursday) if it is still not up". Well, today I wake up and I still can't take my practice test so I called again and they said the same thing except moved it to friday since that is the last day you are able to take a practice test.

I don't know about you guys but I was planning to rest on friday, maybe look over a few things here and there but NOT take a test.

I then continued to ask her about the admissions tickets because I know a few of you guys on here haven't printed them out so I ask "well, what will be done with the admissions tickets if we are unable to print them out for the test" and she says "I have no idea, we have no projection about that but a decision will be made by the supervisor"

So there's an update for you. Enjoy....
 
I would actually be really happy if they postpone to next week

anyway please keep us all up to date on the status of the server and when it'll be working well enough to take the full test timed.
 
I was able to log in and print ticket, but when I try and register for practice test it keeps failing on every page and have to hit refresh. So I'm guessing the practice test site isn't working yet.
 
its up and running now...but then again, it has been like this the last couple days - i can get on in right when i get to work and usually crashes around 11.
 
Can anyone tell me if its working right now? I thinking about writing the practice if its working but don't want to drop a twenty on it if it isn't.