HARVARD!!! (Acceptance)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't getting waitlisted at HST a lot like getting kicked in the nuts by Chuck Norris?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I am currently a deferred applicant from Harvard. I applied last year, I am now teaching abroad in Japan, and I will be joining the rest of you in the fall in the New Pathways program. Congrats to everyone and I'm looking forward to meeting you. For those of you who have received their packets, I was hoping someone could inform me of the August calendar (i.e. orientation, start date, pre-orientation activities, etc), as I am in the process of trying to figure out when to come home! For those of you still waiting, good luck! Thanks in advance

Indryd said:
I'm in!!! I'm in central Oregon, accepted to NP.

BLALAHFHHF:AL:A:OPPV""""!!!

Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy

happy!

joy!

happy!

joy!

Yay!! I'm so glad for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
NunoBR said:
Hey Risa.

Congrats, I was hoping you would get in.

Thanks NunoBR, you're the best :)

anyone with an acceptance letter already in hand know when second look weekend for hms is? :)

deferredJET said:
Hi everyone. I am currently a deferred applicant from Harvard. I applied last year, I am now teaching abroad in Japan, and I will be joining the rest of you in the fall in the New Pathways program. Congrats to everyone and I'm looking forward to meeting you. For those of you who have received their packets, I was hoping someone could inform me of the August calendar (i.e. orientation, start date, pre-orientation activities, etc), as I am in the process of trying to figure out when to come home! For those of you still waiting, good luck! Thanks in advance

Hey, the letter says that orientation and registration will begin on August 21st.

xylokane said:
anyone with an acceptance letter already in hand know when second look weekend for hms is? :)

Second look visist is from May 4th thru May 6th. Hope to see you there.

And congrats everyone. For everyone who hasn't heard yet just keep having faith.

theartofcare said:
Second look visist is from May 4th thru May 6th. Hope to see you there.

And congrats everyone. For everyone who hasn't heard yet just keep having faith.

thanks TAOC

Keg said:
To anyone still waiting, apparently the finaid website works now, so you can check your status that way.

THanks for the info keg! What does it mean if one can log in? Is it only acceptance or waitlist ppl can log in too?? Can someone figure out? This waiting is getting more anxious....

johno83 said:
apparently i got in too.

does this mean you logged into the finaid site?

me too!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!
(will post more when I come to my senses!)

congrats you guys!!!!!

alpenglow said:
does this mean you logged into the finaid site?

me too!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!
(will post more when I come to my senses!)

congrats you guys!!!!!

congrats alpenglow!!! it feels good, huh? are you going for sure?

Risa said:

Congrats to everyone who gets acceptance to Harvard. I admire your hard work and accomplishment. You deserve it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the new pathways program? what other programs for admission are there and what are they?

Acceptance in Va. My mail came late though so those who havent heard should definitely hear by tomorrow. good luck.

off to celebrate...

Risa said:

thanks risa! congrats to you as well!

I know that no one will have sympathy for me, but I am literally in tears not knowing what to do, where to go, two choices that I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I'd be choosing between - UCSF & HMS

It does feel great! I loooovvvveeeddd HMS for so many reasons - I went there (first trip ever to the East Coast) thinking that I'd never fit in with such a group, etc...just wanted to have an easy med school choice. I never had a place to call home until I moved to Northern CA (much more north than SF) when I was 20. Now, knowing what it feels like to be in a place that I love, it is so hard to imagine leaving...but HMS rocks!!!!

again, not looking for any sympathy, just no death threats would suit me ;-)

OMG OMG

I got in. I don't really know how. I've been rejected and waitlisted from 6 schools in the past few weeks. The relief is ENORMOUS, finally, I can relax. I haven't been posting much the past few weeks, but I've been reading, and I'm really happy for Risa and all of the other people who have gotten in and MOST of all for the super supportive people on SDN.

I feel like I can think again ...

Mr.Bip said:
OMG OMG

I got in. I don't really know how. I've been rejected and waitlisted from 6 schools in the past few weeks. The relief is ENORMOUS, finally, I can relax. I haven't been posting much the past few weeks, but I've been reading, and I'm really happy for Risa and all of the other people who have gotten in and MOST of all for the super supportive people on SDN.

CONGRATULATIONS Mr Bip! How exciting is this? I'm so happy for you too... hope to see you there!!!!

risa- i'm very proud of you. we should get to baby-making immediately.
-mota

drmota said:
risa- i'm very proud of you. we should get to baby-making immediately.
-mota

mota,

i am drunk. now sounds perfect.

love, dr.risa :cool:

Mr.Bip said:
OMG OMG

Go Mr. Bip!

Was rooting for you on the UCLA thread. Congrats!!!! :thumbup: :laugh:

Also was able to log onto financial aid. are we positive its not waitlist? Sorry to sound to paranoid, but its quite unbelievable! (wont really believe it until i get the paper in my hands i think).

Although, the website does say its only for admitted students...

Grats to everyone who got their decisions!

Yessssssssssss! :D It is official . . . I got my letter today. Accepted into the New Pathway. I am so thrilled and honored. I will probably be attending Harvard in the fall. This is so unreal! :D
I cannot wait to meet you all! :love: :love: :love:

Its official! Acceptance. Got manila envelope today at 1pm PST, letter dated 13th, postmarked 14th. Southern California.

nicoleparking said:
Thank you Harvard, I absolutely LOVED you!!! Accepted 3/15. Letter dated 3/13, postmarked 3/14. Manila envelope with a glossy HMS folder and lots of papers. Cambridge, MA.

:love:

Bro, I wanna know you:

GPA:
VR: PS: BS: WS:
Undergrad College:
Research If any:
Other Activities:

and What did they ask during you interview.

PureGenius said:
Bro, I wanna know you:

GPA:
VR: PS: BS: WS:
Undergrad College:
Research If any:
Other Activities:

and What did they ask during you interview.

This is what mdapplicants and the SDN interview feedback pages are for ;)

johno83 said:
Got my packet today too. Congrats everyone.

Hey John, your stuff is absolutely amazing! Are you leaning towards or decided on any schools? [totally disinterested observer]

To: Ms. C from Caltech who wants me to forward you an email

Something happened to your email address. I did the best I could to remember it, and sent an email. Please Private Message me here if you don't get it and are reading these posts incognito again ;)

gdbaby said:
Of course, you are now obligated to speak with a HaaaahVaaaahd dialect. It's true. I read it in the student handbook.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, i was just wondering how the application experience went for you at UCHSC. i'm jealous that you're going there! that's awesome. i want to increase my chances in getting into CU med school. here are my stats, please let me know what i should do better or just what in general:

3.75 overall GPA
3.3 BCPM GPA

MCAT most likely 29 or 30.

Vice President of Student emergency medical services
Secretary for AED Prehealth Honor Society
Trumpet player for 9 years (do various concerts)
EMT Volunteer
ER volunteer at University hospital 2 years
Surgical Aide
Former West Point cadet

Thank you so much!