Harvard Aways

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBgirl1982

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone done 4th year electives at BWH, MGH, or BI? If so, what were they like and can you recommend a specific one? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you interested in one program over the other? I think thats the best way to decide where to do your Away rotation. It's hard to recommend one over the other because it's more of a personal choice based on your goals. They are both great programs. Brigham/MGH is more academic/research focused, BI more clinically focused. Good luck.:)

I'm not sure if I am more interested in one versus the other. I was looking more at the electives, I was particularly interested in the MFM one at BWH. It looks like BIDMC only has the OB SubI and Gyn Onc. Has anyone done any of these?

For those who have interviewed/are residents what do you think of the programs? How are the residents? Is one more malignant than the other? I am really interested in MFM or REI, I know both have both fellowships but do either have better opportunities for these fields?

Thanks!