• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

pjr28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
I am in the process of making this decision and was wondering what everyone thinks and their reasons. Thanks.

viking1224

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pjr28
I am in the process of making this decision and was wondering what everyone thinks and their reasons. Thanks.

Congrats, pjr28! :clap: These decisions are so difficult (I'm deciding between Harvard, Cornell, and Stanford myself). It's nearly impossible for other people to give useful advice on these subjects, as I'm sure you know. Given that both your choices will get you a dream residency and that their curricula are nearly identical, you just have to ask yourself which location you prefer. Unless of course one of them gives you a signficantly better financial aid package. If you're a city person (which I'm not especially) I should think that Manhattan is way more appealing than Boston. If you like to get outside and away from people sometimes, choose Harvard for its proximity to the White Mountains. Oh, and if reputation is really important to you, Harvard is your clear choice. I don't care much about all that nonsense, personally, but there's no shame in admitting the truth to yourself if you do. Good luck, you're golden either way!

About the Ads

snoopdizzle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Choose Cornell. Living in NYC at this point in your life is invaluable. Yeah, turning down Harvard will be tough, but Cornell's facilities and student body are INCREDIBLE. Also, you won't have to deal with the overblown pretention everyone at Harvard has. Come to Weill, its very nice here. I'm currently a first year, and I love the choice I made. However, its up to you. You'll get a great residency regardless. Class of 2004's was like nothing I've ever seen.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status (Visible)
Er, if this is a pending decision, why does your sig say Harvard Class of 2008? What's the point of even putting it in there if you don't know where you're going?

linus

fly tux.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Status (Visible)
i believe the sigs are dynamic - maybe he wasn't sure when he posted, but he later changed his mind...

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by TheFlash
Er, if this is a pending decision, why does your sig say Harvard Class of 2008? What's the point of even putting it in there if you don't know where you're going?

the H bomb bro...its all about the effect...

goobernaculum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
A) very ******ed for asking for advice when you already say "Harvard Class of 2008". why? why be such a douche bag?

B) Cornell doesn't even compare to schools like harvard, hopkins, penn, duke, ucsf, etc.

C) why am i even responding to this email? you've already made a decision.

pjr28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Everybody needs to chill out. At the time I posted I wasn't sure about my choice, but I am now. It was an honest concern I was having at the time. Why you are so upset by it, I don't know? Maybe it was your insecurities coming out about the admissions process. At any rate, you all need to grow up!!!

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pjr28

HMS, no question. Congrats dude!

:thumbup:

CCW

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.