Harvard Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laundry

Sponsor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the letter today? :D

I heard that half of their class starts on the waitlist. Do you guys know any statistics about that?

Good luck everyone:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i got the letter yesterday... heres to the list!

Members don't see this ad :)
i got 7 other acceptances

im trying to decide between stony brook and uconn... im not sure if i would go if they accepted me, i really like these other 2. i guess ill have to see if they want me

what about you?

I just received my waitlist letter today as well. I don't know about the exact number that make it off the waitlist, but I'm sure a good chunk of the class does... and, if I remember right, I don't think they even sent out 35 acceptances. I seem to remember Anne Berg saying they were only sending out 15 on Nov 30 -- but I could be wrong on this?

Is Harvard your #1 laundry?

I could be wrong about this, but I remember being told that last year there were 53 acceptances to fill the class of 35. Hope this helps- good luck.

Mia, I see from predents that you're committed to Harvard. Just wondering why you chose Harvard over your other schools (more specifically, Penn).

Mia, I see from predents that you're committed to Harvard. Just wondering why you chose Harvard over your other schools (more specifically, Penn).

Check your PM.

They only fill up about 15 seats in December. They just want to make sure that they look at everybody's application, since they genuinely really care about who's coming into their class. Harvard was the only interview where I felt that I was being considered to enter someone's home, not a dental school. I really, really thought it was special.

My primary motivation for attending Harvard are the statistics on specialty placement of its students. It is truly amazing. It is the type of place where if you really take advantage of the opportunities that are there for you, you will see yourself in your specialty of choice.

I am finishing a PhD right now before attending dental school, and it REALLY matters to me that I put this PhD to use when I'm applying for a specialty (since it is definitely a degree that makes you stand out because it usually is HELL ON EARTH to complete one). I have worked so hard so far and I really want to make sure that I get credit for all my hard work in the future (i.e. obtain the specialty placement of my choice). Harvard is definitely the school where my chances of landing my specialty of interest are of great certainty.

THAT'S WHY I HEART HARVARD!!!! YAAAAAAY, SWEETIES!

I'm going!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo going!!!

I just received my waitlist letter today as well. I don't know about the exact number that make it off the waitlist, but I'm sure a good chunk of the class does... and, if I remember right, I don't think they even sent out 35 acceptances. I seem to remember Anne Berg saying they were only sending out 15 on Nov 30 -- but I could be wrong on this?

Is Harvard your #1 laundry?

I'm torn between HSDM and UCSF. I'm gunning for research, and both of those schools are very impressive. I love HSDM's approach to dentistry as a medical specialty. In the same time, you can't touch UCSF's research emphasis. So, I don't know. I interviewed mid Nov at UCSF, so I haven't heard back from them. It could be that I won't have to make that choice :laugh:

And yes, I don't know why I forgot about the 53 acceptances last year. I'm gonna email the D1 I stayed with during my interview, he might know how many people were on the waitlist, considering he started on THE LIST as well. Dang it, I should have dubbed this thread with the *****OFFICIAL...

They only fill up about 15 seats in December. They just want to make sure that they look at everybody's application, since they genuinely really care about who's coming into their class. Harvard was the only interview where I felt that I was being considered to enter someone's home, not a dental school. I really, really thought it was special.

My primary motivation for attending Harvard are the statistics on specialty placement of its students. It is truly amazing. It is the type of place where if you really take advantage of the opportunities that are there for you, you will see yourself in your specialty of choice.

I am finishing a PhD right now before attending dental school, and it REALLY matters to me that I put this PhD to use when I'm applying for a specialty (since it is definitely a degree that makes you stand out because it usually is HELL ON EARTH to complete one). I have worked so hard so far and I really want to make sure that I get credit for all my hard work in the future (i.e. obtain the specialty placement of my choice). Harvard is definitely the school where my chances of landing my specialty of interest are of great certainty.

THAT'S WHY I HEART HARVARD!!!! YAAAAAAY, SWEETIES!

I'm going!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo going!!!

After speaking to some folks who graduated from the school, be careful what you wish for, though.;)

After speaking to some folks who graduated from the school, be careful what you wish for, though.;)

What's that supposed to mean?

hey Shunwei, care to be a bit more specific? i know you have your heart set on UCLA but what do you have against Harvard?

hmpf...so I was on predents and noticed that everyone on the waitlist was accepted to other schools. Those of you who are waitlisted, are you gonna withdraw your deposits to other schools if you get accepted off the list?

Good luck to everyone who is on the waitlist!
Anne Berg made it sound like Harvard's waitlist is quite different from other schools (meaning Harvard puts a lot of very good potentials on the waitlist and many of them do get accepted in the end).

Happy 2008 and good luck! :);):cool:

How much is out of state tuition for harvard (no living expenses)?

How much is out of state tuition for harvard (no living expenses)?

It's a private school, so tuition is the same whether you are in or out of state. I'm pretty sure it is around 39k per year for tuition.