Harvard, Yale, Penn, Columbia, Cornell, NYU, MSSM, etc. acceptees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think I would ever type all those schools in the title, but I need your help. When my friend got interviewed at those schools, they provided him with a list of first-year students including their undergraduate schools for the overnight stay purposes. I was hoping to see if you guys can post 10 most represented schools and # of students per school.

BTW, any top med schools will do. Thanks so much in advance.

PS: I didn't get into any of those schools. I am trying to get info for a high school student who's trying to decided which undergraduate school to attend this coming fall. And this info, she wanted to know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

it would take a lot of time to do what you asked. just looking over those sheets and from my own memory, i would say that harvard, mit, upenn, columbia, cornell, yale, and penn were probably the most represented schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
From looking at the few mailing lists that I have received regarding acceptances and scholarships, I have seen a large # of Harvard, Yale, Stanford, MIT (and yahoo) email addresses. Harvard especially dominates in some of the merit scholarship emails i have seen :eek: .

Of the Ivies, Harvard, Yale and Cornell undergrads do very well in general. Keep in mind too that the students who do well are the ones who really DID do well--they're not riding on the name of their school (See thread about applicants with mediocre stats who attended prestigious undergrads). Schools that I was surprised also did well in general: Rice and UMich.

It's important to find a school where A) they don't make it near IMPOSSIBLE to do well (Caltech and MIT have challenging coursework) and B) the administration/advising system is supportive and has a TRACK RECORD (meaning, don't judge this on only this year's enrollment; ask around past years too!) of placement of premeds into top med school.