Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. If one finishes the Harvard Extension program with decent grades, how much of a chance do they have in going to medical school? I heard its for people with low GPA's. So why do the reject people with low GPAs? Also, they say that if you had a low GPA in undergrad then its very unlikely that even after the program that you will be able to get into a medical school...so then whats the point if it doesn't help you get into medical school and you ugly undergrad gpa is the only thing that matters?

FRUSTRATED! HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

I know this isn't the answer that you're looking for - but it's really impossible to predict your chances of getting in without at least your numbers (GPA & MCAT). Of course, you probably don't have the GPA that you would be applying with in the future or an MCAT score - so that makes it even worse.

There are success stories (check out the low GPA thread), but don't kid yourself - it's a long, tough, and humbling road to pull yourself out of a hole. If you got rejected by the HCP, it means you probably have less than a 3.0 - which makes your chances of admission rather slim without an incredible MCAT (I mean really incredible). If you can't even imagine yourself doing anything besides being a physician, get ready for a long (but ultimately rewarding) haul. I met someone who just got in to school on their 5th application cycle - not for the faint of heart.