Harvard!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrbasketball103

Tooth
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got an email from Ms. Berg today saying that my application/interview is going to committee sometime this week and that I should be hearing back soon. I interviewed a week or so ago, and was absolutely blown away by the program and the area. Has anyone else heard anything from them? Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same position, Anne Berg emailed me saying hopefully in two weeks they will have reviewed mine. I want to go so badly! Hopefully we'll be classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard back from Ms. Berg on Thursday..I'll be part of the class of 2016! good luck to you guys!

For those of you who do get accepted to Harvard, do you mind me asking about your gpa's, DAT, and EC's?

For those of you who do get accepted to Harvard, do you mind me asking about your gpa's, DAT, and EC's?
You can check my DAT breakdown, most of my numerical academic information is there. However, after researching HSDM and interviewing there, it becomes immediately clear that Harvard isn't solely interested in a student's academic performance. While this is, in fact, an important part of any dental school application, it seemed to me that Harvard is particularly interested in a student's' well-roundedness and their unique experience(s) that has made them into the student/person he or she is today.

yup, the numbers ***** = Columbia lol.

That's very much true. I got wait-listed at Columbia and accepted to Harvard. My Columbia interviewer asked me NOTHING related to my academic performance or my interest in dentistry. We sat there and talked about guitar, Paul Simon, and the freaking Netherlands. I mean, my numbers aren't bad: 4.0 and 22/22/20. He just said, "Well, you have a 4-spot. Can't beat that." And then he proceeded to spend 30 minutes talking about more of his life than mine.

The Harvard interviewer was sincerely interested in getting to know me, had THOROUGHLY reviewed my application, and asked me pertinent, well-intentioned questions. I think my numbers and extracurriculars got me the interview, and the supplemental and the interview itself got me in the door.

My vote: Harvard > Columbia.

Columbia did serve us a ballin' lunch, though...