Harvard's MPH program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amberkul

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi !
I am an MBBS graduate from India and got an acceptance letter for Harvard's MPH program in International Health, 9 month course costing 48k, a great deal of money for anybody here in India. Can anybody help me with some input on the program's merits and demerits? I am planning for a career in Health economics but with no formal experience in Economics as such. HOw do you think I should go about it?
Thanks
Ambar

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ambar,
I am from India too..an MBBS graduate..and have been accepted into the Fall2006 International health program at HSPH. Just wondering if its worth the huge tuition fee. I know its harvard brand name and all..but the money is huge..Hope somone can help us out with this .

:)

Guys, I am happy to join the gang......I am also from India, an MBBS grad and I have also been accepted to HSPH but in the environment and Occupational Health conc....Hope we can keep in touch and help each other out.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah..this is great..:) plz do keep in touch.

Well Guys did you all have work experiance of 3 years or are fresh graduates?

greaper said:

Well..this MBBS is a 5.5-6 yr course including internship in all specialities of medicine..thus equivalent to "MD" in US. So..in essence..the course itself fulfills the 'work experience ' criteria at HSPH. No further 3 yrs needed .Best thing is to mail them with ur resume..they tell you if you meet all their application requirements .

greaper said:

Hey greaper, if I am not mistaken Public health schools are looking either for a related academic background or 3 yrs work ex in the relevant field. As far as I am concerned I dont have work ex since my Undergrad studies meets the criteria of related a cad background. Hope this helps.

Hi Guys even i am from India, just wanted to know how important are those work experiance years. Well great to hear that they take us guys without that too. What kind of a boombastic profile do you need for MPH at HSPH or JHSPH? thanks for all your help and replies.

hi queerangel and amberkul can i have a peek at your great profiles? if you dont mind, cud u plz post it here, just some details.