General Admissions & OTCAS Has a transcript ever gotten lost on its way to OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chris1004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent a transcript last Wednesday from California, and because it was not sent via Fedex shipping, there's no way to track my mail. I know that it takes 7-10 business days for OTCAS to process the transcript, but I want to at least know if it got there safely. I called OTCAS and they told me that they only update their system after they receive AND process the transcript, so there's no way for them to tell me if they received the transcript until they finish processing it. Now I'm really scared that my transcript may have gotten lost in the process of mail delivery. My deadline is coming up and I don't know if I should send out another one just to be safe using Fedex shipping this time. Has anybody had an instance where they sent a transcript to OTCAS and it got lost?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think I read of something like this happening one time. Send another one via fedex. Better safe than sorry. And it's only like $10, right?

Did you use the US Postal Service? I had an issue with them taking a longer route to a school and it got there 2 weeks later than anticipated. I say use fedex

I sent a transcript last Wednesday from California, and because it was not sent via Fedex shipping, there's no way to track my mail. I know that it takes 7-10 business days for OTCAS to process the transcript, but I want to at least know if it got there safely. I called OTCAS and they told me that they only update their system after they receive AND process the transcript, so there's no way for them to tell me if they received the transcript until they finish processing it. Now I'm really scared that my transcript may have gotten lost in the process of mail delivery. My deadline is coming up and I don't know if I should send out another one just to be safe using Fedex shipping this time. Has anybody had an instance where they sent a transcript to OTCAS and it got lost?

It takes OTCAS FOREVER to process the gosh darn things. I think it took multiple weeks till I knew my transcripts had arrived. Just hang in there!