Has anybody heard from BU?

Started by beebee0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beebee0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when BU sends out decisions? I sent out my application in December, hope they make their decisions soon..
 
Does anyone know when BU sends out decisions? I sent out my application in December, hope they make their decisions soon..

I was accepted sometime in mid to late December, but I submitted in October. I'll guess you know within another 1-2 months. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for the info! What program did you guys apply for? I'm thinking about writing them a letter to check the status, would that be a good iea?
 
thanks for the info! What program did you guys apply for? I'm thinking about writing them a letter to check the status, would that be a good iea?

I applied for the MPH in Epi. You should probably wait for that email that tells you they received your app and that it will take 6-8 weeks. If after that time, they still haven't responded, then you should contact them. After all, it's only been a month since you submitted. 😛
 
Does anyone know when BU sends out decisions? I sent out my application in December, hope they make their decisions soon..

They got my app in mid-Dec, I got a rejection letter from them this Monday. So yea, a little bit over 4 weeks for me. 🙁

MPH in Epi
 
If any of you guys applied to the MS in Epi program like me, we won't be hearing anything until at least March. 🙁
 
I submitted in mid-Nov. and haven't heard anything yet. Seems weird to me considering I've already heard from 4 other schools.
 
can all those of you that have got either accepted or rejected from BU please post your stats? GPA? GREs? work experience..etc. I am very nervous about this one 😕 thank you
 
I got my acceptance at the end of December; I submitted my app on SOPHAS at the end of October.

elisek, you might want to take a look at the "Fall 2010 Acceptances" thread.
 
can all those of you that have got either accepted or rejected from BU please post your stats? GPA? GREs? work experience..etc. I am very nervous about this one 😕 thank you

Got accepted but its toooooo expensive. I applied to EPI

3.6
680Q 340V
Immunology and Psychology double major

Stats don't mean everything. I got into Michigan but denied by Emory. Got into Texas but denied by Ohio. You really don't know what adcoms look for.

Good luck.