Dartmouth MPH straight from undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent20192023

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of information on Dartmouth's MPH program but wondering if they prefer mid-career applicants or do I have a chance of getting in right after graduating from undergrad? I would be applying in next year's application cycle and currently have a 3.9GPA and 3.8 sGPA. I'm a pre-dental student and have 4 years of work in a home healthcare office, a non-profit after school program for underprivileged kids in Philadelphia and worked every semester and summer since I've been in college. If anyone has any information on this specific program, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied this cycle as an undergrad senior and got in. I decided to go to a different school, but I think about 25% of the cohort comes directly from undergrad

I applied this cycle as an undergrad senior and got in. I decided to go to a different school, but I think about 25% of the cohort comes directly from undergrad
What made you not choose this particular program? Also was the interview relaxed or overwhelming?

Members don't see this ad :)
applied undergrad and got in. interview was super relaxed. why public health, why Dartmouth, etc. I chose another institution bc it was higher ranked and a better fit bc it had an explicit Epi concentration.

Reactions: 1 user
What made you not choose this particular program? Also was the interview relaxed or overwhelming?
Ah sorry for this very late response! The program seemed great overall but more general with a slight skew toward health policy. Since I'm interested in epidemiology and genetics, I chose a very specific public health genetics program instead.

The interview was very relaxed. Just 5 questions with a recent grad and most of the time was spent discussing the program rather than my qualifications.

applied undergrad and got in. interview was super relaxed. why public health, why Dartmouth, etc. I chose another institution bc it was higher ranked and a better fit bc it had an explicit Epi concentration.

hi jjones,

Could you tell me more about the interview? I have mine scheduled for the 5th and am feeling a bit nervous. How long was it? What sort of questions did they ask? Did they ask about any of your experiences listed in your resume?

thanks again!

Why public health, Why MPH, Why Dartmouth, What other schools are you looking at. They didn't ask about stuff in my resume. It was fairly short and I think its just a sanity check on their end to make sure you're actually interested in coming.

Reactions: 1 user
Why public health, Why MPH, Why Dartmouth, What other schools are you looking at. They didn't ask about stuff in my resume. It was fairly short and I think its just a sanity check on their end to make sure you're actually interested in coming.

Thank you! That was helpful and I feel a little less nervous now.