Has anyone changed their Post-Grad plans after seeing the BBB pass with its student loan limits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MentallyFlossy

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I first heard of the new student loans limits after the Big Beautiful Bill had passed into law, I thought it would be change almost everyone's post-grad plans to specialize. This is purely anecdotal, but I barely know anyone who has changed their plans.

It is the same here on SDN. The topic of student loan caps is being discussed but I don't get the sense many are changing their plans to specialize.

Those loans limits are fixed numbers. If people are not doing their math correctly, they might not be able to complete post grad residencies that charge tuition, even though they were accepted to begin with.
 
When I first heard of the new student loans limits after the Big Beautiful Bill had passed into law, I thought it would be change almost everyone's post-grad plans to specialize. This is purely anecdotal, but I barely know anyone who has changed their plans.

It is the same here on SDN. The topic of student loan caps is being discussed but I don't get the sense many are changing their plans to specialize.

Those loans limits are fixed numbers. If people are not doing their math correctly, they might not be able to complete post grad residencies that charge tuition, even though they were accepted to begin with.
They’re going to have to potentially rely on private lenders. Those loan terms will not be in the students’ favor.

Big Hoss