Has anyone ever been granted an interview without taken the OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mthomas2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering...I applied today but I still haven't taken the OAT. I am schedule to take it in October. Will they even give me an interview without taken the OAT?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yes indeed, they will - assuming your gpa and application is up to par. good luck.

mthomas2 said:
I was wondering...I applied today but I still haven't taken the OAT. I am schedule to take it in October. Will they even give me an interview without taken the OAT?

Thanks!

Most schools will give an interview without an OAT, which is the predicament I am in. But schools such as SCCO and Berkeley are adamant about having the OAT scores and will not grant an interview. Schools that I am positive give an interview without OAT scores are : SUNY, PCO, ICO. NOVA claims they don't but I have heard of people getting interviews without OAT scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools will give an interview without an OAT, which is the predicament I am in. But schools such as SCCO and Berkeley are adamant about having the OAT scores and will not grant an interview. Schools that I am positive give an interview without OAT scores are : SUNY, PCO, ICO. NOVA claims they don't but I have heard of people getting interviews without OAT scores.

Yes, SUNY for sure gives interviews without OAT scores... i guess your grades and application overall has to be really good though. I heard they give out 3 responds to those type of interviews.

1. we don't want you
2. we want want you for sure, just get score above ___ and you are in automaticaly.
3. we like you so far, but we need your OAT to make our final decision.

i hope that made sense...it was explained to me by one of the people in admisions at SUNY (2 and 3 are alike, but 2 pretty much means you are in almost 100%...you just need to not FAIL your OAT)

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? I am applying to SUNY as well and would like to have a realistic idea of someone getting an interview there without OAT scores, like myself.

Thanks.