Has ANYONE gotten into PT school with C's?

Started by cg11092
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cg11092

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a couple C's in my pre-reqs that are making me nervous. They are in Gen Chem 1 and Physics 2. I would love to retake at least one if not both of them but I don't have time to retake either before applying this cycle - I still have other classes I need to finish to be able to apply and graduate. I'm not applying to top-tier schools by any means, is it completely IMPOSSIBLE to get in with just a couple C's? Has anyone been able to get in with a C or two in their pre-reqs? Thanks!!
 
No, it certainly isn't impossible. I have 2 Cs in some prerequisites, and I am pretty sure that is one major reason why some schools didn't bother with me. I was accepted to 4 schools this cycle, but I have a pretty well rounded application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in with two Cs, both of which I was in the process of retaking when I got three of my four acceptances (the last one was after I submitted my academic update. Also got three waitlists after). I had just retaken a third C the summer that I applied too, but replaced it with an A.

edit: autocorrect. Also my Cs I was retaking were A&P II and Chem 1, and had just retaken Stats.

Second edit: Totally forgot about my C in gen bio I. Not all schools required that though.
 
Last edited:
I got C's in both A&P I and II and I got waitlisted at one school, waitlisted then accepted at another, and accepted at a third school.

I'll echo what other posters have said and say that it's possible, but depends on the rest of your application.
 
I have a couple C's in my pre-reqs that are making me nervous. They are in Gen Chem 1 and Physics 2. I would love to retake at least one if not both of them but I don't have time to retake either before applying this cycle - I still have other classes I need to finish to be able to apply and graduate. I'm not applying to top-tier schools by any means, is it completely IMPOSSIBLE to get in with just a couple C's? Has anyone been able to get in with a C or two in their pre-reqs? Thanks!!
I got in with a C in one quarter of a three quarter series of Physics
 
Depends on the schools. Be smart though if the school has a minimum prerequisite grade of a B its best not to try. This is the easiest way schools cut through applications along with min gpa
 
I had a C in one of the biology courses, a C in general chemistry, C in physiology. GPA 3.14 / 3.11. Scraped by with sheer luck. Got onto two waitlists, got accepted off the waiting list.
 
I got accepted at two schools, wait listed at one, and I declined an interview at one and I had a C in Anatomy lecture first trimester and another C+ in anatomy lecture third trimester. All my other grades were B's or better though. Hope that helps.
 
Definitely possible, got a C in A&P II, before retaking it and getting an A, and had a C in Physics I. Got waitlisted and then accepted into my school.
 
This is so relieving! I have a couple C+'s on my application that I plan on retaking around the time of application. Were any of the schools that accepted you in California?
 
This is so relieving! I have a couple C+'s on my application that I plan on retaking around the time of application. Were any of the schools that accepted you in California?

For what it's worth, I had like three Cs in the normal prereqs and was invited by Samuel Merritt for an interview. I ultimately didn't get accepted, but when I called to ask what I can do to improve, they said that the way they calculated the GPA actually put my prereq GPA at a 3.4 instead of the PTCAS 3.11. The only thing that held me back was the below average performance at the interview (I panicked).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have any C's and you get rejected, then you'll know what you need to improve. But you have a chance if you are strategic.
 
I had a C in one of the biology courses, a C in general chemistry, C in physiology. GPA 3.14 / 3.11. Scraped by with sheer luck. Got onto two waitlists, got accepted off the waiting list.
Where did you get into? I'm about to get my first C ever in Anatomy and Phys II, which has been hard on me. I've done well in my other courses and I have a ton of extracurriculars as well as leadership experience.