• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

kuralia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
Let me know about Xavier med.Have they any students that graduated yet?
Or is this just a money making school?Please let us know.

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Somewhere in the Colon (Any rotation)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Its a money making thing ( private school) and they have franchised out to Boniare and Panama and I understand ready to open a 4th location, maybe they will be the McDonalds of the Caribbean Medschools ( to my knowledge only a handful have graduated? and these were transfers I think they started in 2003? check IMED) You would think they would get better established before taking on all these locations? They still have a lot to do like get approvals and accreditations.

BTW this is not a BASH I do not need to just tell the truth is enough LOL.......................

dr aaron

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
if im not mistaken i don't think they are even listed by WHO.....i could be wrong on this though

About the Ads

SabaMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
You ever heard the saying one bad apple spoils the bunch. Well in the caribbean theres alot of bad apples and a few sweet cherries. If you go to an apple will you become an MD? Besides getting too much fructose in your diet your going to have a more difficult road. I think you should look at the cherries but don't swallow a pit or break a tooth. :p

jameslynton

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So what exactly is wrong with Xavier? They are accredited by WHO.. so what else do they need?

Any thoughts?
They need a lot - the list is pretty long. They are a new unproven school. Yes, they have transfer grads, Their clinicals are at GMC in the Atlanta area.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.