Has anyone heard back from Indiana U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JetsSBXLIII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I had an interview at IUPUI in November and I contacted the Admissions office on Monday about when we should be hearing back about the second invite. I was told we should receive word either yesterday or today. Just curious if anyone has, or if I should bug them again...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I heard back just a bit ago. Rejected, so maybe not hearing yet is a good thing.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but how long did it take for you guys to receive an interview invite after you were complete? I was complete about a week or two ago, and I was curiuos how long I should expect to wait. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I heard back just a bit ago. Rejected, so maybe not hearing yet is a good thing.

Hey Mitoman77, I'm sorry to hear that. When did you interview? Maybe you heard back first because you interviewed earlier? My rejection may very well be on its way :(

Sorry to hijack this thread, but how long did it take for you guys to receive an interview invite after you were complete? I was complete about a week or two ago, and I was curiuos how long I should expect to wait. Thanks!

They received my AMCAS mid August and the official invite came mid Oct. so about 2 months for me as well. I just called and they said they have several interview days left, so hopefully your invite is coming!

Hi there! Which interview were you at, JetsSBXLIII? I would have been one of your co-interviewees if you were at the November 19th interview.

Anyways, I received an email this morning from the MSTP. They stated that they considered me "one of [their] top candidates" and invited me back "for a 2nd visit [...] to meet further with faculty [...]", with travel expenses covered. Not an acceptance, per se, but I wonder if that has to do with when the medical school sends out acceptances (the 15th of each month) than anything else.

Maybe sit tight for a day or so and then bug them. Good luck ::luck::

Hi there! Which interview were you at, JetsSBXLIII? I would have been one of your co-interviewees if you were at the November 19th interview.

Anyways, I received an email this morning from the MSTP. They stated that they considered me "one of [their] top candidates" and invited me back "for a 2nd visit [...] to meet further with faculty [...]", with travel expenses covered. Not an acceptance, per se, but I wonder if that has to do with when the medical school sends out acceptances (the 15th of each month) than anything else.

Maybe sit tight for a day or so and then bug them. Good luck ::luck::

I was at the Nov. 12th interview and actually just got rejected :(. First rejection post-interview, it stings a little... I really really liked it there but oh well. Good luck with IUPUI, although I think it's fairly safe to say that you will be receiving an acceptance letter/call.

Not an acceptance, per se, but I wonder if that has to do with when the medical school sends out acceptances (the 15th of each month) than anything else.

I can't speak to Indiana specifically, but typically they do this so they can hear from you that you will go there if you're accepted. For some reason some programs like to keep down the ratio of students accepted vs. matriculated. If you do very much want to go there, say it proud and be enthusiastic and it's almost in the bag. If this is not the case, then waffle as much as you see fit.

Congrats!

Did any of you stay with a student host for IU MSTP? I haven't done that before but I am considering it...let me know what you guys think!

I can't speak to Indiana specifically, but typically they do this so they can hear from you that you will go there if you're accepted. For some reason some programs like to keep down the ratio of students accepted vs. matriculated. If you do very much want to go there, say it proud and be enthusiastic and it's almost in the bag. If this is not the case, then waffle as much as you see fit.

Congrats!

Yeah, that is correct. I also received an invitation to the second visit, and e-mailed Dr. Harrington to inquire about it, and I just wanted to share the information with all of you. She said that they are trying to be careful with the number of offers they extend and want to make sure that the applicant is a good fit for the program (ie there is a sufficient number of research faculty that the candidate could work with). As far as acceptance goes, she said that if you receive an offer to attend the second visit, they are confident that the medical school will accept the candidate.

Hey MudPhudHopeful, when did you receive the invite for second look?